Monday, August 23, 2010

grounded

week in review (8/16 - 8/22)
total miles: 28.89 (33 planned)
time spent running: ~ 4 hrs 26 mins
avg hr: 171, aka through the roof
avg pace: 9:06/mile
off days: 1! victory.

the michelin 5k went pretty well on saturday. i've lost a lot of speed, but hopefully it'll come back... it was warm (low 80's) and humid. i was a solid 2 minutes off (slower than) my pr, but surprisingly i had consistent splits. i caught up to a kid as tall as my hip and we sprinted in to the finish. we passed all the adults in the last .1-mile and he was pushing hard; i didn't have the heart to beat him at the last second.

there were over 800 people in the race - i finished 10th female overall and 1st female for my company (it was a "corporate shield" event). too bad they don't give out raises for this. josh pr'd by about a minute, i guess he just needed a rabbit to chase. :o)

saturday (8/21) michelin 5k: 23:02 (avg pace 7:25), avg/max hr (185/209)
for some perspective/grounding - i've run a half-marathon at faster pace than that, haha. i have a long way to go.

with fresno a short 11-weeks away, i need to get a lot of time on my legs. i haven't ran longer than an hour in over a month though, so i have a bit of building to do there as well. on sunday i got a late start on my long run, and the heat (+ my out-of-shapeness) cut the run a little shorter than planned. about halfway through the run i *finally* hit 1,000 miles for the year, only 6-weeks behind last year.

sunday (8/22) am run: 8.15 miles, 1:17:30 (avg pace 9:30), 80*/79% humid

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your race and your revisited rp! You're a run machine... and you now are married, Mamma mia!

    I can say that year is one of the best for you (running I'm speaking).

    You have wheel in your shoes, sure!pect

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not bad, Lindsay! I think this strategy with lots of racing is going to work well for you. Think of the race as a 3 mile tempo that you would not have done (;probably) otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Finally* hitting 1,000 miles for the year...


    i've run a half-marathon at faster pace than that, haha...

    You watch your mouth missy, some of us would kill for either of those!

    J/K I know how it goes, it's all relative. You'll get back to par soon enough and leaving us all in your dust. Just keep training smart and easing off when things aren't feeling right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I would kill for these splits. But yes, it's all relative!

    Congrats on your race comeback!

    And a note on the weather: I am over and done with this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on some consistent running this week and a speedy 5K! Congrats on the placement and company WIN! A raise *would* be nice, wouldn't it??

    Congrats to J too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Less than 2 minutes off your PR? That's some good racing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll tell you this... that's three.one more miles than I managed to put in this weekend... if you're grounded than I'm buried!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's all about building!!! good for you for going after the 5k, it's a great baseline and also in the context of racing = "tempo" maybe faster than you would've done not in race scenario. remember to be patient!!!! don't always compare to past PRs but celebrate building from here to the future. no rush!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude,
    You crushed last week, especially considering marraige, vacation, and all the time off required to take creepy photos like the one posted yesterday.

    Also, I too am disappointed that I didn't get photos of us on the ebikes. Next visit to Austin will definitely require a photo shoot.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for the first place!! Sounds like you are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a "prime" employee parking spot for a month is totally due for the win!!!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Solid debut, and it only gets better from here. I hope you feel heartened by this performance! A lot can be accomplished in 11 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 10th woman overall. 1st for your company! You are impressive even not at your best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's funny that you mentioned running a half marathon at a faster pace than your 5K. I said the exact same thing after my last 5K. Just keep on keepin on and it'll all come back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! Don't those little short kids drive you nuts?!?! :) They probably weigh 50 lbs dripping wet and don't even break a sweat.

    I'm with you on getting a raise. I've tried to convince my boss that all of my exercise and healthy eating is the reason I've never made a health insurance claim. So, in the end, I am saving him money by not raising the company's premiums. He hasn't bought it yet though :/

    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go Lindsay! You had a great time...a few seconds better than my PR:) I wish that I had your speed! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. way to go Lindsay! Awesome time and your "speed" will be back to you before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice job in that 5k! Was it as good as high school?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on the 5K! Man 10th female overall! That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So you still haven't lost it. Way to go!

    Fresno? As in Fresno California? You know - they serve an entire breakfast after the race. I think I know some folks running that race....

    ReplyDelete
  21. WTG on 1000 miles...even if it took a while, you hit it!

    One day, in my next life, I will run at a 7:25 pace :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. yeah...still faster than my pr at that distance....:-)

    I love trying to outsprint a 5 year old. Makes me feel so mature.

    I hate it when the kid literally stops in front of me and walks, and I'm still running. And still can't keep up...

    ReplyDelete