Thursday, March 3, 2011

february 2011

february 2011
total mileage: 106.11
time spent running: 15hrs 52min
days off: 14 (aka half the month!! yikes)
avg temp: 52.54
trip(s) of the month: long weekends michigan and dc, and got in 'long' runs on both trips!
  • this month's mileage sucked. i'm blaming it on the flu-plague, but there were also too many lazy days that i could (should) have done without.
  • i did beat the alarm clock battle a few days, hopefully that will continue. i am not going to get stuck running at 6pm for another south carolina summer - too hot and too humid.
  • i only lost about 1.5lbs, but i never quite got around to setting a goal number for the month like i did in january. need to step it up in march, let's go with 3.6 (or more).
  • still haven't gone back to the wedding/honeymoon wrap-ups. whoops.
  • realized i need to toss more clothes and buy new ones that don't look 10 years old/dorky. i did some shopping but i'm still debating on the shirts (i'm too lazy to try on clothes at the store so i just buy them all and return the stuff i don't want).


come run south carolina!
need a fall half- or full- marathon? registration is now open for the spinx run fest (10/29) in greenville, sc. the marathon course is usatf (aka bq) certified (in case that still means something), and both courses have rolling hills.

the half and full both finish with a lap around the warning track of fluor field, modeled after fenway park and home of the greenville drive (minor league affiliate of the boston red sox). registration starts at $53 for the half, $63 for the full. avg temps in late october range from mid-40's to mid-70's.

this race is a "hometown" race for me (about 20min drive), so come visit! i can offer a free place to stay, airport shuttle, race shuttle and tour guide services.

you could be here!

ps josh: i just invited the whole internet over.

27 comments:

  1. Just made my reservations, I got a good rate. See you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh is going to be so pissed when the whole Internet shows up... :-P

    I'll keep on working to help you win the alarm clock battle.

    I don't even want to look at my February running numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, hope you have a big house...there are, like, 100 bloggers coming to stay with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna! too bad i have no idea what october will have in store for me. i think you're going to have to harass me into it ;)

    jealous of your average temp. i think i want to crash on your couch. like now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww! that would be so fun. I signed up for Mt. desert. I'm pretty sure I will be DESTROYED after that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun goals for March! Getting rid of clothes is SO satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm there! Too weird. My college roommate lives in Greenville.

    Very supportive of Josh to house the massive bloggy meetup:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spinx sounds great. Can I barter M&M's in return for space on your couch?? I say forget the 14 days off and celebrate getting back into the early runs instead. You will be rocking and rolling in no time. I swear the early running is an addiction...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will be at Spinx again this year.... Just can't beat the 15 minutes drive to the start line.

    For morning workouts: I meet with the coaching group Wed mornings at 5.30am at the Caine Halter Y. We run to the G'ville HS track (2 miles), do a track workout (there are tons of speedy people you can hang with) and then run back to the Y. You are more than welcome to join!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's March 3rd, you know. Were you too busy eating M&M's to write your Feb wrap-up?

    LOL at inviting the whole internet over. I wish it was closer!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I hadn't thought about adding up my hours! I haven't lost an ounce.. and I wouldn't beat myself up too much, the flu can really be awful! I think you did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least you didn't gain weight. You still did good, especially since you had the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard good things about that race. I am so sad that is the day before the Atlanta Marathon or I would do it. I am seeing a big halloween/race party at Lindsay's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. is my mom serious? is she ACTUALLY doing this marathon? i wouldn't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How far away from Charlotte? And if close enough I'll bring M&Ms and a Cupcake to get reservations at the CTK Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, the invitation sounds great. Too far from me. however.
    Buying and returning is American life style. I loved it, around here either you buy or you buy.No money back.
    have good runs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mileage is pretty good for taking half the days off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've added that marathon to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I'm walking but fall, I'll consider the full. You don't need to train for that, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a fun run. I've done the same: invited the internet to my house if they run the Boilermaker. Crazy!

    Hope you really DON'T have the flu bug. I'm still not feeling right after 10 + days! It's awful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh, February was a bad month for me running wise as well... I didn't do much better!

    I took 9 days off, and ran 140 miles

    Average Temps in 50s though?... Man... Mine is probably somewhere between 0 and 15 degrees. It was FREEEEEZINNGGG this month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. February was not my strongest month ever, either. Oh well, March will be better!

    Spinx looks like fun, and it's so inexpensive! I'd like to do it one year, but probably not this year. 2012, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  23. You can count this blogger as a +1. I'll bring the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey, that flu got a lot of us. March will be so much better.

    Let's go do it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So.tempting! Unfortunately, we have family in Charleston, so my SC race will have to be there. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woo, hooo Josh... We're all coming to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a great race and a fun time will be had by all of us!

    ReplyDelete