Thursday, September 26, 2013

If the Knees are A-Knockin'

Thanks to my personal race photographer spectating last weekend, I have some lovely race photos of myself. I noticed my knees are a-knockin' and wanted to see if anyone had input on this? I don't recall seeing this prior to having to take the past year forever off, but either way I feel like it should be fixable. Perhaps some running form drills, stretch/strengthening exercises, or even just focusing on doing 'something' (the correct form) while running?

The other morning I tried to "feel" what my hips are doing while I run (is one side dropping) but needless to say it wasn't easy to tell. Nothing hurts, I just figured it was ugly running form and needed to be fixed, but so far I can't find anything via the googler.



Suggestions appreciated!

9 comments:

  1. I got nothing. But, yay for running! (I'm so helpful.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll take knocky knees over not-running any day!

      Delete
  2. How about having your run stride looked at? Most running shoe stores have that option here, I would think you have some of those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard it's weak hips. It happens to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're racing! You're racing! I'm no help though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be a strength imbalance - like you suggest maybe 1 side of your hips is dropping while running? As long as no pain I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go! Wow. I feel like I have missed out on a lot. I don't really notice anything from the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? The Googler has nothing? Neither do I. But yay for running! My flipping ankles clang together. WTH?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Doing lots of lateral stuff should help strengthen your hips, which is usually what's responsible for the knock-kneed thing (which I'm well familiar with in my own race photos). Try side shuffles with a resistance band around your ankles. If that's easy, try it with one around your ankles, one around your knees. Yeowch!

    ReplyDelete