Tuesday, August 2, 2011

july 2011: um yeah about that

july 2011
total mileage: 59.20 (!!!)
time spent running: 9hrs 18min
days off: 20 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) although, slight improvement from 2010
avg temp: 80.92
trips of the month: week at the beach, charleston, block island/connecticut
one "race": great greenville race (more on this in another post!)

basically i had a good week of workouts while at the beach, a lazy week of nothing, a semi-decent week of running, and the rest of the month off due to (non-injury) pain/discomfort. i've actually been ok with all the not-running; i'm telling myself i needed the time off. i could do without the weight creep though. it is a little frustrating though because it seems like everyone else (/all of you) runs non-stop all year long, while i have to have these random annoying health issues. i'm thankful they're at least minor issues, but it'd be nice to have no-issues. i could temporarily cover up the discomfort with prednisone but i'd prefer to not pump 'roids in my body.

so, since there still isn't any running to talk about, how 'bout some pictures?

my dad, sister and i flew up to connecticut for a cousin's wedding. we went out to block island for a day and the weather channel app on my phone registered 106° (feels like 131°). such pleasant weather to spend the day biking (leisurely, about 8mph) around the island!

new shoreham

sachem pond

northern lighthouse
northern lighthouse

biking block island
these bikes were built for speed

mohegan bluffs
mohegan bluffs

southeast lighthouse
southeast lighthouse

beach at mohegan bluffs
i climbed down the bluffs to the beach

more beach at mohegan bluffs

sunset mystic seaport
sunset from wedding reception venue - latitude 41, mystic seaport

26 comments:

  1. So pretty on Block Island! I have never been. Need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures look awesome! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! Looks like great fun to bike around like that. Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for everything I can do daily. Keep it going! And of course you'll get a shoutout when you come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you take such beautiful pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful and amazing pictures Lindsay. Next week, I will be taking some of the Smokey Mountains, though not comparable to the nice ocean. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the mileage for the month is still decent, even if you had to take blocks of days off.
    New England is so beautiful. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pics!

    I think you need to hook me up with your bike for IMWI. I think I would fly on that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome photos. Makes me miss the northeast a bit.

    Don't pump the roids, there has to be something natural you can take to help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pics! I too think all other runners also run nonstop, unlike me. I have to say, I'm a bit jealous of your mileage. I've really scaled back, so seeing your totals is still impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, in spite of the extreme heat, it looks like it was absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get to that part of the world someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Born and raised in Newport and never been to Block Island....can you believe that?? It looks awesome! It is on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. boo to ongoing annoying health issues, however minor. hope you feel better soon.

    meantime, the trip looks fun! great beach pics. you look badass with your cruiser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No pictures of you dressed up :( Where is fancy pants Lindsay?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It doesn't get any better than New England in the summer! Sorry you have had such a rough time, but glad you are doing ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't run nonstop all year... I ran ZERO miles in July! So you did way better than I did! :-)

    Great pics, I love lighthouses. Not a lot of those here in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pics! Hope you are feeling better and getting more miles in SOON! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the recap! Looks like such an awesome trip!

    I think our average temperature this month would be 95-100 w/insane humidity. It's been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, beautiful photos! You were down to my level of miles this month!! :) I'm glad you're back on track to racking up the miles again, you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pics look great, love the beach, but not the running in all this heat. It has been crazy hot in triple digits - Very tough to run in.
    Don't beat yourself up for taken some down time. Good for the body, and you have been getting some cross training in (cycle).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pics but man the temp sounds so awful. Was it crowded? I have thought of going to Block Island but we have never done it.

    Feel better all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Uh gorgeous photos girl!

    I think it's really important to take breaks from running sometimes, let you body adjust to having an easier life. I feel like there have probably been studies done on how that's good for you. Or so says my intuition.

    I felt like the 5 months off this past year was really good for me. I came back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice pictures. Beautiful place!! Love the bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. pretty!

    good call on not covering up the issues. it's not worth it cause then you'll be out longer than you want. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty pictures! Too bad it was so hot in Connecticut. Just doesn't seem fair.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome pictures. Looks like a beautiful place to be.

    ReplyDelete