Sunday, April 19, 2009

lazy sunday

week in review (4/13 - 4/19):
total miles: 47.90 (5 easy runs, 2 interval/speed days)
time spent running: ~6 hours 45 minutes
avg hr: 164.85
abs & yoga: 3 ab days, 0 yoga
off days: 0

thanks for all the well-wishes and good-lucks for my sisters. they both ran their entire races and finished strong. my older sister ran about a 31:00, which was (i believe) 2-3 minutes better than when she'd run 3.1 miles on a training day. my younger sister was running with a friend so she said she was holding back a little 'cause her friend is a little slower/less competitive. i think she finished in the 32:00's somewhere. (neither of them told me their exact times but that's ok.) they've both come a long way from not running/exercising regularly and i am so proud of them both.

i said i was going to take it easy today and just do some cross-training. i hopped on the bike for 30 minutes (10 miles) and read most of my may runner's world. i stretched a little, did some core exercises, and decided to go for a light, easy run. i kept it easy but ran longer than the originally planned 30 minutes (not complaining though).

for the first time in a long while, i lounged around the rest of the day. i didn't go anywhere, other than to get food, and took a glorious nap. it was nice to be lazy and not driving somewhere.

sunday (4/19) am run: 5.5 miles, 49:22 (avg pace 8:58), avg hr (150)

10 comments:

  1. congrats to your sisters, that's awesome! Lazy days are the best... i lazed around all day after my run too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice week completed Lindsay. You deserve an easy day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job on the week girl! your mileage has gotten up there quick! i miss my 48 mile weeks already haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your sisters!! Ah yes, I love the lazy Sunday. Had one of those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly earned a "lazy Sunday." 48 total miles run last week? Incredible! Interesting how your "lazy run" is 30 minutes long and that's a 5K time for your sisters (I didn't mean that in a mean way).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love taking naps. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take one in some time:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lazy Sunday's! Congrats to your sisters as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lazy Sundays rock! Glad you had a chance to enjoy one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your sisters!

    Ah...I love lazy days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete