Friday, May 6, 2011

product review: zensah sports bra

i'm not normally a gambler, but i'm willing to bet most of you have either a) heard of zensah's compression socks/sleeves or b) haven't heard of zensah at all (probably because you're not on twitter, as that's where i discovered zensah because people tweet about it all the time).

birdrunner: i could perch on this branch all day in my @zensah leg sleeves

in addition to compression gear (men and women), zensah also sells sports bras. i haven't tried the leg sleeves, but i did receive a zensah sports bra to review. sorry men, this probably doesn't interest you, so here's a random review i found on the men's compression shorts and another on compression socks to keep you occupied.


to be honest, i don't shop often for running gear (or in general). i still wear sports bras from 1998/10th grade... (now that i think about it, i have been holding on to a lot of my clothes from the late-90's).


the difference in support is quite obvious between my old "hanes sport" cotton sports bras and the new zensah one. two things i really liked about the zensah bra are the soft fabric and fun variety of color choices. it's also seamless to prevent chafing, and so far it hasn't rubbed me the wrong way.

based on my bra size, i fell right on the border of the s/m and m/l sizes. since i'd rather err on the side of too-much support rather than too-little, i chose a small and the girls have been well-supported by that decision. it's very comfortable and i've even worn it when i had no intentions of working out.

with pj's to a bridal brunch
(aka, zensah = formal wear)

i've been a fan of the champion c9 sports bras, and to me zensah is a step above them. they're both made of a similar material, but zensah gives me a tighter fit and more support. i don't want to be suffocated by my sports bra, but i do want things to stay in place.

now the real test will be in 13+ years (for some reason zensah did not want to wait that long for a product review) -- will this bra still be in the rotation like my old cotton sports bras?

[*disclaimer: zensah sent me this sports bra to review. the opinions of it are my own.]

shop zensah for your compression or sports bra needs. "runnersrule10" gets you 10% off your order (worked as of 5/4).

22 comments:

  1. I actually don't like the Zensah sleeves, but would still be willing to try to bra. Mostly because I have a hard time finding a good bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review - I'll have to check Zensah bras out. I, like you, still have grear (shorts, socks, bras) from HS and college. It's terrible but I hate throwing it away, just in case I haven't done laundry for 1 month and need something from circa 2001 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be willing to try that!! I have a hard time finding one that doesn't ride up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never used zensah before for anything. mostly because i can find the same stuff at walmart/cheap stores for, well, cheap.

    man i need to bag me a doctor-in-training. STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming back in 13 years for the follow-up post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your reviews are awesome LIndsay. I'll have to keep this Zensah brand in mind. :) Oh, and you didn't offend me with your skinny comment! :) It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be reviewing a Zensah bra in a little while!

    I love the color range though... and I really like my Zensah calf sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sports bra and jammies, now THAT is a new look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOOOVE my zensah sports bra! I save it for races and long runs and stick to C9 for the other stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't add much to the conversation, since I'm a dude, but I will say that I have a pair of Zensah leg sleeves and love them. They seem to make quality products.

    BTW, love the jammies and sports bra look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah yes. i always think of sports bras when i think of formal wear. my itty bitties don't really care what we wear so long as i don't scare people when it's cold out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a guy so i guess i shall not comment on this post, but zensah compression socks are pretty cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that was Pleasantburg traffic. Unusual for that corner to be so messy, especially since there didn't seem to be a reason for it. I think you saw the same truck.

    That bra looks very comfy! I didn't even know they made sports bras.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still wearing my Walmart cotton ones from a jillion years ago. They probably don't wear out because I have no boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the link..I would still wear my race shirts from high school, but for some reason, I thought I fit into large back then..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never tried any Zensah products, maybe I will give them a try. I have a bad habit of keeping my sports bras a little to long to... My poor bubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your artwork as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you have a copyright now, that is money. love it :)

    i haven't bought new running stuff in forever. i always ogle over online stuff and magazines i get in the mail,... but i have to try stuff on to make sure it's comfortable. it's good to hear what other people like, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Champion sports bras! I just don't feel like it's necessary for me to have an expensive sports bra. I could probably run in a regular bra, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No Comments from the Peanut Gallery. hahaha! When I first started running, though, I think I needed one to support my man boobs. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never heard of Zensah. Do you have to order it or is not sold in stores? My "girls" tend to be ever changing depending on whether I'm pregnant, breast feeding, or "currently skinny" ha!! I prefer skinny but breastmilk is necessary. Can Zensah handle that? I normally have to use two bras.

    Besides all that, how are you? It's finally getting warm outside. Time for me to get back in the running groove.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not informative. The point of running bras is to limit bounce. So did it? How much? Did you sweat in it? How did that go - did it lose it's "grip"? What about the colors, do they bleed or fade when you wash them / how did you wash yours? How did this feel on your back, around your chest? NO bounce or reduced bounce? How's the band?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love bali cotton underwire bras. They are the only bras I can wear with my sensitive skin and not have skin issues.

    ReplyDelete