Sunday, March 18, 2012

new pr's

last night i slept about 10:40pm-12:10am and i've been up ever since, ugh. to top it off, i had to be at work at 7:30am today as we try to meet some deadlines for a project that we technically haven't even been awarded yet...

when the clock rolled around to 5am, i got up and went for my run/walk. i had planned to do a "long" run, so i set out on my old 3+ mile loop. now, i know i have only been running again for two weeks, but it is still way hard. i definitely still need my 1/4-mile walk breaks.

i got home from the run and synced garmin so i could enter my stats in my spreadsheet. yes, i'm still keeping a "training log" although it's a lot simpler this year (date / mileage / time / pace / total mileage for year). in the past i noted where/what route, what shoes i wore, what kind of workout i did, non-running workouts, hr data, weight, hours slept, temperature... i'm a bit of a numbers geek, but i told myself i never look back at all that stuff anyway and simplified the process.

rabbit trail aside, i typed today's run data in and my yearly mileage is 26.2! new marathon pr of 6:09:33! of course, today was also my longest run/walk at 3.20 miles and my overall pace (from the past two weeks) improved from 12:16/mile to 11:56/mile. pr's all around! it's especially nice to see the average pace improving a little because i feel like i'm barely moving out there.

now to make some progress on this buddha belly...

29 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work! Sometimes it is so hard to get back into the swing of things after a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.2 miler! Woohooo, kick ass! I'm sure you're thrilled over this progress!
    I hope there's many more PR's coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! And I need to work on the buddha belly too! because I'm waiting for someone to ask me how many months I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby steps. Woohoo!!! It is all coming along. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can NOT picture you with any type of Buddha Belly!

    Great job with the PRs! :) Seriously, I was just saying to a friend how hard it is to come back after an illness or injury (especially a long one) and how most people just give up. I am super proud of you that you are starting new and getting back to doing what you love (and what you are good at!) Keep up the good work my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are headed in the right direction. You did used to keep track of lots of info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slow and steady will get you back into tip top shape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it probably does feel like you are starting all over ... at least you are FINALLY able to get out there and run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep on trucking!! But the not sleeping part really sucks... Sorry, that that doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took me 4 months to shave 17 seconds off my pace! At this rate, you should be running sub 6's by Easter! :)

    I'm so happy things are progressing in the right direction for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy that things are moving along.
    welcome to my world of slow running...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. speed is relative! i'm just happy to be out there again, even if it does hurt (cause i'm out of shape) :)

      Delete
  12. I'm starting all over again, too. This weekend I tried to do a 4 mile run and failed miserably. Tonight, we're starting over - 1 mile. School is killing my running mojo!!

    Thank You for the comment on my blog - I was scared to post all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like things going great! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for you and I promise, as time goes by you'll see those improvements faster and faster!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wahoo, sounds like progress to me! Keep at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing great, L!
    Keep up the progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. doubt you have a buddha belly! keep up the good work lady! we're all cheering for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are doing a great job getting back out there. Now Im kinda jealous that I didnt look at my "time" when I hit 26.2 miles this year, though I did note the distance haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm still coming back myself. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 26.2 woohooooooo!

    you'll be back to the consecutive 26.2 in no time...but for now, enjoy all the down time as much as you can and let your little bones and muscles grow strong in the meaning with some solid walking/jogging.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You'll be back in no time, Lindsay!
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete