Monday, December 31, 2012

2012, maybe?

hot off the presses!

let dj ctk's latest beat carry your dancing running feet into the new year and enjoy this year's "year in review".


[dedicated to b.o.b, as this was her favorite hit of 2012]


now it's the end of the year
somebody get me a beer
i have no reason to cheer
my mileage is so low

i tried elimination
m&m's, my temptation
it was a big frustration
lost all my cardio

your posts were crowin'
long runs, pr's growin'
meanwhile i'm plateauin'
so i tried eating paleo

hey, i don't know you
and this is crazy,
but here's my number,
so track me, maybe?

i ran some 5k's
as an "ali"
and as a diva
brought home a trophy

hey, i went a year,
and it was crazy,
without m&m's,
i survived, maybe?

and all the other boys,
try to chase me,
in my bikini,
some sunscreen, maybe?

i went on meds for my skin
went for a ride on my schwinn
dyed wedding dress in a tin
made my own pizza dough

running may have felt betrayed
when i drank all the kool-aid
i didn't know i'd be swayed
by other cardio

your posts were crowin'
long runs, pr's growin'
meanwhile i'm plateauin'
so i tried eating paleo

hey, now i crossfit
and this is crazy,
i'll double under
please no more burpees

still hard to run fast,
like a grand prix
but i do pullups
in a big tree

here's to the new year,
and lots of running,
a fall marathon
new pr, maybe?

and all my other goals,
i'll chase after,
achieve a muscle up,
and six-pack, maybe?

23 comments:

  1. Oh my getn my freak on baby. Holy Moses drop it, do a number. Lindsay, you are indeed something else. Happy New Year! Love it Love it Love it! Ok, now I can finish my 5th. EOR has a lot of excitement comn on up ya. lol. 2013 whoooooooooooooooooo................smash it..........party time............im there. oh oh oh oh yeah............go Lindsay! whooooo2013......ok. see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bout time you published something Geeez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is WAY better than that crap video last year! Happy New Year, my dear friend. Let's run a fall marathon together! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I want to run with someone who calls my art 'crap'... ;)

      Delete
  4. I think you CAN quit your day job! Very cute. Here's to a better 2013 complete with M+Ms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video was an awesome way to start my day! Please do me one favor for this new year.....please don't ever swing a kettlebell higher than chest level! Crossfit is good, but they need to leave the kb to us professionals!

    Happy New Year!

    PS/Milwaukee Marathon is October....very scenic and flat!
    Your room is still clean! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word I LOVE it!!! Blessing to you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I loved this. I truly see you in a media type career Lindsay. So awesome! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What a fantastic way to recap the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another awesome song to add to your list!! Love the very creative 2012 recap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg that was hysterically awesome! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is far and away the best 2012 wrap-up post I've read. So smart! So funny! Thanks for posting, and happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for once again not pointing out how badly I sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're too damn funny! Happy New Year, hope 2013 is awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think part of my swig of coffee just exited through my right nostril....

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the video! dang - you are creative. Hope the skin issues are GONE in 2013. I have a slightly similar situation and every morning I wake up and talk to it - telling it to CALM the f(!) down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I JUST finally got the chance to look at this video last weekend and now I am finally coming back to tell you how AWESOME it is!! I absolutely love it!!! hilarious and so creative.

    ReplyDelete