Thursday, February 26, 2009

gabrielle jennings

what were you doing when you were 10 years old?

i know i was active, playing soccer and church-league basketball, but i was by no means awesome (at sports). of course i am awesome in general.

meet gabrielle jennings. a ten-year old from louisiana.

she runs, and she runs fast.

this cutie ran an 11:58, 3200m in the recent louisiana state high school indoor championships at lsu. yep, 5th grade, running in the high school champs, and beating all the high school girls.

what's my 2-mile pr? oh right, a 12:32. and i thought that was a good time!

track and field videos on flotrack



her key to success? she runs about 2 1/2 miles most days and intervals every other week. guess i should cut back on my mileage!

11 comments:

  1. Damn! She's as fast as me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man I guess I need to try intervals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's impressive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. She is adorable and FAST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! She is a freak of nature!

    Hey, I happen to think your 2-mile PR is pretty darn fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was nowhere near a track when I was 10!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That's amazing and what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's amazing! I just hope she continues to enjoy running and doesn't get burnt out from pushy coaches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of this girl, and I've decided only one of three things can happen:
    1) She becomes the next huge track star.
    2) She burns out completely by the time she's 16.
    3) She grows up a little, develops things like breasts and hips, and becomes an average runner.

    My personal guess is #2, but that's awfully pessimistic of me. I'll have to watch her and hope for #1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that is sick! i hope we're both wrong but i tend to agree with the comment that she might burn out by the time she is 16. I hope she does have a life though, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty sure I spent most of my time shopping at Limited Too and chasing boys when I was 10.

    Impressive!

    ReplyDelete