Tuesday, April 3, 2012

march 2012

miles run: 30.15 (from 0 to 30! woop woop!)

miles walked: 0.0 (although technically some of the running miles are walking ones)

other workouts: yoga (1x), nike training club (2x)

days off: 18

netflix obsession(s): it's a boy/girl thing. a movie, but i continue to put it on at night to "fall asleep to". it has a super original story line -- a boy and a girl grow up next door to each other and are mortal enemies, then a magical spell happens and they switch bodies, but eventually they fall in love with each other and get their real bodies back. props to the hollywood writers for their creativity in writing this plot.

netflix fail: dance academy. (tv show) boring.

artistic/creative outlet: attempted a watercolor. fail. played lots of drawsomething. fairly good at it if i do say so myself. start a game with me - chasingkenyans!

 i drew this

new food i tried: this isn't new food, but i'm wrapping up a hardcore elimination diet. i'd been thinking about doing one for quite some time, but was always intimidated by the idea of such a limited diet for such a long period of time (erm, 2+ weeks). i finally put mind over matter, cooked up enough brown rice to feed all of asia, and started the diet. i am doing it to see if there are any improvements to my skin, and i've been planning on doing a post about it for the past week, so more to come...

not part of my elimination diet

book(s) read:
room (emma donoghue) - read it in one sitting on a sunday afternoon (it wasn't that long of a book, but it was good).
To five-year-old Jack, Room is the entire world. It is where he was born and grew up; it's where he lives with his Ma as they learn and read and eat and sleep and play. At night, his Ma shuts him safely in the wardrobe, where he is meant to be asleep when Old Nick visits. 
Told entirely in the language of the energetic, pragmatic five-year-old Jack, ROOM is a celebration of resilience and the limitless bond between parent and child, a brilliantly executed novel about what it means to journey from one world to another.
the american wife (curtis sittenfeld) - couldn't get into it. i realized after this and a couple other reading fails that i need reasonable-lengthed chapters in order to make it through a book.

number of blog visitors: 890 (you guys rock!)

number of doctor visits: 8 (i think anyway)

as my first month of feeling "normal" in a long time (6-7 months), i tried to take advantage of that both by wearing nicer clothes (vs baggy ones that could get "messed up" if i had an itch attack) and by "living a normal life" - doing workouts, things around the house, running errands, and of course working 24/7.

we had a pipe leak resulting in a water bill 3x the norm

josh built a raised garden bed

i worked 3 weeks straight

and therefore had the dirtiest car in the parking lot
since i didn't have time to take it to the car wash
(thank you tree sperm)

ended the month with a weekend in beaufort with friends

34 comments:

  1. Awesome sounding month! Hooray!!!!

    Love that garden bed-people need to get back to growing their own food and put the money hungry food industry down a peg or two! No wonder people now a days have all sorts of weird shit going on with their bodies....

    Glad to hear you're feeling close to normal again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 Miles! That almost six mile a day! Okay, just kidding but zero to thirty is great! I'm planning on building a raised garden too...... Send Josh over, ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife loves playing drawsomething. Last night she was supposed to draw Beavis, and I kept grabbing for her phone saying I wanted to try like a child. So she let me, and it was a total failure. So I had to hand it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so freaking excited about your 30 miles!!! Woo-freaking-hoo!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for 30 miles! Nice job! I'm so glad that you are feeling better this month!! I would love to hear about your elimination diet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A vegetarian MRE? Never would have guessed. Great job getting those miles in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 30 miles...the fact that you are feeling the best you have in a long while is awesome! Onwards and upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like progress and progress is great. I hope you have some good news for us to share as an outcome of your elimination diet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30 miles is amazing!!!! yay you!!!

    and also, what is this elimination diet you speak of? i'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your Draw somethings are like a zillion times better than mine.

    YAY on the running!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that 30 number! Hooray for you!

    I read both of those books last year or so. Liked them both. And can't stop thinking about Amer. Wife ever time I see Laura Bush!

    You are so talented with your drawing/painting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm digging the raised garden. Is that just PVC pipe so you can cover them??? I might be borrowing that idea.

    Woohoo on the running front!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the PVC pipe supports a mesh-like covering that keeps birds and such out until the plants are hardier. Last year we lost a few seeds :( He secured the mesh in place with a few screw hooks into the sides of the planter.

      Delete
  13. I was really disappointed by "Room". There was so much hype about it and for me it did not live up to it. "The American wife" is basically the story of Laura Bush, so you did not miss much...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You ARE good at drawsomething... I'm terrible! Like others, I'm hoping this elimination diet can help you in some way! Keep us posted!

    Good job on 30 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you are running. I didn't like Room and did like American Wife. Different tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome on the 30 miles!! Love the Rugrats drawing, too. Good luck your your diet change!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thirty miles? You're back. When's the next race?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're rocking those miles, girl!! Woohoo!
    I hope the brown rice diet has caused some of the itchy skin issues to be resolved. Looking forward to hearing positive progress about that!!

    I've read neither of those books. I must get on the book bandwagon...I'm finding myself pretty lucky to read about 4 blogs/day lately.

    Happy April! Hope you've started your birthday shopping for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lindsay! I'm happy with your 30 miles... and of course I like your paints and pics, always!
    Thanks for share it.
    Good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love playing drawsomething with you. Although you actually can draw somethings and me not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY! great month! I highly suggest reading (if you haven't already), Still Alice, Hunger Games, A long way gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soilder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still Alice is one of my all time favorites. So is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time!

      Delete
    2. I JUST read hunger games this past weekend. Soo good. I'm hooked. Will add these others to my ever-growing list. Seems I cross one off and add 12 more... :)

      Delete
  22. Progress!!!

    Good luck with the elimination diet. You've pretty much given up all the good stuff already - how hard could it be? :P In all seriousness - hopefully it will give you some answers.

    Room was excellent. I couldn't put that one down either.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Progress! Looks like a good month to me.

    I'm intrigued by Draw Something. Do you have to play live, or is it like Words With Friends where you can just go back and play your turn?

    Good luck with the elimination diet. You've pretty much given up all the good stuff already - how hard could it be? ;) In all seriousness, I hope it gives you some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad that things are starting to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for 30 miles! I hope the elimination diet has helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lets hear it for 30! Yay! I've come to realize that brown rice bloats me up like nobody's business. Quinoa is my friend. Boo on the pipe issue. No fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm wondering if brown rice does it to me too! I've been feeling bloatier lately - never assumed it was the food for whatever reason. Will have to switch to quinoa and see if it improves!

      Delete
  27. I read room...well, I actually didn't finish oops! The stuff that the old nick person did to the mom made me too sad.

    I WANT YOUR RAISED GARDEN! That's a big goal of mine, to grow my own veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the recap

    and MRE's are scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I MUST try draw something, then I can draw like you, my favorite artist!
    It was fun catching up on your life and I also love your garden to be! I've been working in mine all weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH LOOKSIE, I commented on this one. TWICE even! hahaha

    ReplyDelete