Wednesday, September 8, 2010

list love

i am a list-nerd. i like making "to do" lists for the enjoyment of crossing things off. sometimes i put things on the list that are ridiculously simple just so i can have more things to cross off. i usually don't ever finish everything on a list though, go figure.

lacey recently overcame knee surgery, and with some serious dedication to her recovery is back to running 6-minute miles or something crazy like that. she's kept a goal list for each phase of her recovery/training and i thought i might try it out myself for mini-monthly goals. it certainly can't hurt, and being able to cross something off my list just may be the motivation i need some days (especially on speed days).

september goals:
  • lift 8 times (hopefully ~2x/week and not all crammed into the last 8 days of the month)
  • do core at least 12 times (1x)
  • do yoga 4 times
  • go for 3 bike rides (1x)
  • do 5 speed workouts (1x)
  • run 10+ miles 7 times (per training plan) (1x)
  • run 150 miles (more is ok of course)
  • get my sleepy butt back in a morning-run routine with at least 6 early morning runs
i need to get rolling since we're already a solid week into september. *cough* lifting *cough*cough*

20 comments:

  1. I"m a list person too. I would love to write - run with no heel pain and have it come true because it was on my list! Sorry I am in the middle of a pity party. Good luck meeting all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love me a good, easy to cross off stuff, list! Good luck with your Sept goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, cramming in wt training the last 8 days of the month is better than doing 2-a-days the last 4!! So no need to stress (or cough) just quite yet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love making them, can't follow them. Or more often I lose it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linday you have absolutly control about your workouts! I see you are an organized people. I'm not but it doesn't make me problems... (more or less).

    I like your targets and I'm sure you will do it.

    Good luck and write over it in next posts.

    Greetings from Spain litte girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. To make to-do lists is one of the signs of well organized people. If on the top of this you add running marathons and sticking to tough training plans, the you are a number one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm also a list freak. i find that with a list like the one you have its even more gratifying to list each of those workouts as a separate items (so the list will be quite long) but then there are more days when you get to cross things (sometimes multiple) things off the list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a list-a-holic too. Good luck with the Sept goals and thanks for reminding me that we are over a week in. **sigh** it is going too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a list person too. I love the satisfaction of crossing something off...good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lists are great--and you've crossed a few off already, right? Good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making this life definitely qualifies as your first week's heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of wishes to your september goals. I am sure you will be marking them all off. Im not a list person, but I think I should incorporate that idea of thinking. I might go somewhere some day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOOOO! list looooooooooooove :) wait til you start the crossing off... it's addicting :) you have made HUGE progress just since returning. and it hasn't even been long at all! take your time, remember, i'm on cycle 4... that's like... (ahhh math)... 84 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny, I just commented on Lacey's blog about how much I love her lists. Mini weekly goal lists are such an obvious idea, and yet I don't bother. I need to start with this too. I think part of my problem is that I don't accomplish even 1/2 of what's on the list and then I feel annoyed... ;) I might steal your lifting/core goals. I like the idea of doing one monthly rather than weekly... more room for flexibility and procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THta list sounds do able. I'm a list person too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need a list myself... But it would be more on the lines of
    * no donuts
    * limit eating crap to once a week
    * etc
    ;-)
    * oh and some strength work would be needed as well

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a total list nerd! I have lists for my lists for my lists!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in the list-nerd club too!

    As I was reading this, I was thinking I should comment that you'll have to get moving since we're already a week into September... but then you beat me to the punch in writing that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am an organized person, I really want things planned and in proper places. Also love listing things i want and i'm planning to have.
    ~vibram ~

    ReplyDelete