Sunday, January 22, 2012

33 randoms

the latest circulating meme is called "eleven randoms", but since i was tagged by maurlene and kandi (both worthy opponents in words with friends) my particular assignment grew to be 33 randoms.

part 1 - 11 random things about me:
  • i prefer plastic cups over glass, with a straw.
  • sometimes i try to think about where my retainers are that i lost 8-9 years ago.
  • when i was in 4th grade my life plans were to go to duke university, become a lawyer, get married and have a few kids by the time i was 21.
  • my younger sisters and i had our own swimming olympics during the '96 olympics. naturally i won all the gold medals except one - we rigged a race so that my youngest sister (5-6 yrs old at the time) would win at least one of the events.
  • during the winter olympics i practiced speed skating around the driveway in my rollerblades.
  • i'm a sudoku-holic.
  • i hate getting gas. josh has said he can tell based on the random credit card charges.
  • sometimes i just wear a long-sleeve race shirt to work because i know i will never warm up enough to take off my coat and scarf anyway.
  • i remember whining about 1- and 2-mile time trials in college. little did i know...
  • in middle school band i wanted to play the trumpet, but they put me on the flute instead.
  • i am so glad the sc primaries are over so i don't have to see the political commercials anymore (until the fall anyway).

part 2 - maurlene's questions:

1. What is your favourite pair of non-running shoes?
barefeet. i am in the south afterall.

2. What are you wearing right now?
sweatpants and a sweatshirt. it's been a productive weekend.

3. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
i'm assuming you don't mean literally the first thing, as i'd probably scream. then i'd figure out which payout costs me the least in taxes. and then i'd buy a new house i guess.

4. Are you named after anyone/anything?
my middle name is slight variation of my mother's first name.

5. What is worse – being too cold, or being too hot? 
too cold. and i am always cold. i may as well not buy work clothes because i always end up wearing my jacket (zipped up) all day.

6. What is hanging on your walls at home?
 uhh, pictures? what else? various picture frames and 3 canvases that i've painted.

7. What is the last thing that you took a picture of?
my m&m's that i haven't eaten in 4.5 months.

8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone?
josh.

9. Where did you go on vacation as a child?
various roadtrips across the us. west coast, midwest, east coast, north east...

10. What is your favourite TV show?
i go through cycles. right now i'm into cake boss, gossip girl, white collar (mmm neal caffrey).

11. How many pieces of jewelry do you wear regularly?
3 - two wedding bands and engagement ring. or does that all count as one now? trying to get in the habit of wearing the earrings josh got me for christmas, it's been awhile since i've worn earrings regularly.

part 3 - kandi's questions:

1. What is the last thing you took a picture of?
see #7 above.

2. If you eat eggs, what is your favorite way to make them?
scrambled with feta cheese.

3. What is your favorite board game?
i like most all board games. lately we've played wits and wagers and blokus.

4. Do you prefer dogs, cats, or some other pet?
i don't really like pets for myself, but in general i'm definitely dogs > cats. i'm allergic to both either way.

5. i don't know what happened to question #5.

6. Cake or pie?
both.

7. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
i'd love to live on a tropical island, but i'm also pretty content here in the us of a. our government (both parties) seems to be trying to screw up everyday, but at least they haven't censored the internet. yet.

8. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
all over europe. all over asia. back to the french poly.

9. What is your favorite color?
green.

10. How many siblings do you have?
3 sisters. 2 brothers-in-law.

11. If you were invited to a wedding reception but not the ceremony, would you be offended?
hmm. at first thought, i would say yes. but after i thought about it for 5 minutes i realized it was no big deal.

part 4 - questions that i'm passing on:
1. you have the skills to go pro in any sport (except running/triathlons). what sport would you choose?
2. what is your favorite vegetable?
3. they're making a movie about your life. what actor/actress would play you?
4. last book you read?
5. last text message you sent?
6. what is your favorite meal/recipe to cook?
7. do you prefer dusting or vacuuming? (and when are you coming to do my house?)
8. if you could go on vacation to anywhere in the us or canada, where would you go?
9. what something you love about where you live?
10. something you don't love about where you live?
11. what do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?

and the tag-ees who will answer them:
kim
kovas
neon blonde runner
fancy nancy
laura
runninghood
nelly
michael
glenn
ayedubbs/cclark
jill

feel free to answer a random question below too!

16 comments:

  1. I don't know those board games you mentioned. I love board games. Love the Olympics stories. Are you the oldest of your siblings and is that why you won or was it your athletic prowess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder we get along so well! I eat eggs with feta too--sometimes goat cheese. And I'm one of 4 girls. But we never had our own Olympics. Clearly, you were always cooler than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eggs with feta is *amazing*. a mimosa on the side helps too. don't deny your coolness!

      Delete
  3. Loved your comment about the primary elections, I'm glad they're over too! I know we won't get a break until we know who the Republican nominee is, but at least now I can watch the news again without having to see endless commercials!

    I love eggs with ANY cheese. So delish!

    A.L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh the commercials were RIDICULOUS this past week. i don't watch a lot of tv to begin with and i got tired of them.

      Delete
  4. I once used ‘scrabble’ playing Words With Friends. How ironic is that. Do you do anything to build skills? Once I discovered that unscrambling anagrams helped with that jumble of letters, my scores steadily went up in WWF and Scrabble. I got so into anagrams, I invented my own TV trivia anagram game. Let me know what you think of it.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is absolutely nothing random about me. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, i just learned how to play soduko, and I like it. I got tagged too. Does that mean I have to do it? hmmmmm. I guess I will. Thanks for the random tid bits. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in stitches over maurlene......f'n hilarious.

    Wanted to go to Duke and went to Clemson.....how do you reconcile that in your heart?

    Although I, obviously, am a Clemson football fan but root for the Blue Devils in basketball. Helps I didn't attend either school I guess.

    Oh, and why couldn't you eat vegan maynonaisse? I just bought some to make a vegan rueben with and couldn't remember why you couldn't. I can't believe I spent money on mayo and I hate mayo. This better be the best reuben ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for participating even though you put up a good stink about my tagging selection process.

    I think your answers to #2 and #5 are slightly contradictory to #1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to try the eggs w/ feta one day. Should also go well w/ spinach & tomatoes, no?

    PS - I wouldn't mind one bit if I were only invited to the reception but not the ceremony - straight to the PARTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have zero sudoku skills...my brain can't concentrate long enough for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hats off to you on staying off M&Ms! That is an accomplishment! I hate getting gas too, that's one reason I love living in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOh thanks for tagging me. I've been on a bloggin hiatus (for no good reason at all) and once I get caught up, I am going to do this.

    And PS you are so funny how pragmatic you are about the lottery thing....I'd prob do something similar.

    ReplyDelete