Wednesday, September 5, 2012

keeping it weird

i am happy to report that september is off to a good start - i've wheezed my way through (modified) bootcamp classes and gone on a few (short) runs. i'm already ahead of august's mileage! (not that the bar was set high, ha). there is plenty of room for getting up early to run instead of snoozing until the last possible minute for work, but at least i can pretend it's getting cooler and less humid outside for evening runs.

over labor day weekend i drove up to asheville, nc to visit with the lovely amanda of runninghood (aka marathon mommy) and mr. runninghood who were visiting on a mini-vacation. the lexington ave arts and fun festival was going on, bringing out a unique mix of... characters. asheville hadn't gotten to them too much yet as amanda was still wearing a bra and shirt.

i would love to hear your thoughts as to what's going on here;
amanda spun a tale of suffering and oppression.


after browsing the festival tents we headed over to the laughing seed on wall street for a late lunch (yum) before eventually parting ways so that the 'hoods could get in their romantic sightseeing plans. (and house browsing, that's kind of romantic right?).

15 comments:

  1. I love love love Asheville. Maybe I should come there and we should visit it together?!?! How far is it from you? Seriously. I'm obsessed with the weirdness. And I'll continue on with my bra and shirt also. ;)

    Glad you are getting more workouts in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time in Asheville hanging out with your friends :). I've been there a few times and yeah, it is quite interesting. Glad you're able to do some boot camps and running too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I hear of this town, the more intriguing it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like two homeless people got into the trash at Linens and Things. But maybe it's interpretive dance, hard to tell that from stoned ravings sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a commentary on nunnery and/or women's role in society.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks to me like someone just had their first kettlebell lesson! LOL

    Glad to hear the workouts are coming along! I'm getting nervous....fingernails are gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know where to begin to explain that picture!! Lol! Great start to September! Excited you got to see Amanda!! She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't comment on the picture because I can't really see it...I have very old eyes. :)

    Glad September is off to a great start and so fun you got to visit with the 'Hoods for awhile. Hope your lunch was paelo-riffic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to get to visit! Glad to hear your workouts are going beter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun you got to meet up with Amanda! I'm guessing Asheville is gorgeous?

    Glad you are off on the right foot so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh Asheville... Can't even remember the last time I've been there. It really is a shame. I guess I missed Belle Chere again this year too and I love the Laughing See... I swear I will get a live back as soon as this triathlon season is finally over!

    Glad that you have a good September so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun you two had a meetup! I hear Asheville is lovely. I too am longing for some less humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I like Amamda a lot...isnt she nice...I had the chance to meet her at hood to coast...
    happy this month is starting well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I love that you met Amanda! I am so excited tat she may move to Asheville! We need to set up a little blog meet up in Greenville soon?! I would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just completed a 6 wk boot camp (tues. / thurs 5:45 AM - the early time counts double, right) I survived it! yay us!

    cute pic of you and Amanda!

    ReplyDelete