Sunday, January 11, 2009

still alive

walt disney world marathon - day 2 of the goofy challenge

5 m - 48:31*
10 m - 1:37:40*
13.1 m - 2:07:34
20 m - 3:14:30
26.2 miles - 4:04:25

2328th overall / 579th female / 62nd place ag

i woke up with sore legs. had a headache for the first four miles, and was just aiming to stay under a 10min/mile pace. jess and i stopped for a bunch of pics with the characters, stayed within the 9's, and i still had plenty of gas left at mile 21 to start picking it up. we averaged around a 9:43-ish for the first 21 miles and i picked it up so much in the last 5 miles i dropped my average pace for the race as a whole to 9:19. not too shabby. when i saw i was doing (much) better than anticipated, i tried to push it for a sub-4. however, at mile 23 that would've meant i'd have to run 3.2 faster than i have ever done 3.1. i passed a lot of people in the last five miles, picked it up to make the last 5k feel like a 5k (again), had a super sweet kick, and not to mention i did just race a half yesterday. i really thought we'd be out there for five hours.

my legs are more sore now. (right now i don't really care if that's supposed to be 'sorer'.) i just drained the hotel ice machine dry, and it's time to go sit through an ice bath.

*5 miles were slower than yesterday's 10k mark; 10 miles were slower than yesterday's entire 13.1

am run: 26.2 miles, 4:04:25 (9:19 avg pace), avg/max hr (155/192)

17 comments:

  1. Wow great job. You really picked in up after 21 miles which is tough to do! Great job especially after such an amazing PR the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF?! You smoked a half yesterday, took a bunch of pics with the characters, & still came in at 4:04?!

    YOU are freakin' amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ran two amazing races. Holy speed yesterday on the half. You rock. You'll have to post some pictures.

    Enjoy the ice bath and rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe! I ran a hlaf yesterday and I'm so sore I can barely walk. And you go out and nail a mary! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're an animal. At least part animal.

    Crazy...gonna go shake my head for the next couple of hours now..

    Great job btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my hero! Awesome. You PR'd yesterday and rocked the marathon today! Hope the hotel makes more ice for you quickly! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! I am so impressed with your times, and the fact that they came back to back makes them even more awesome! Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Awesome. You and Brian both did absolutely awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Really, I am so happy for you. You still beat me with your speed for 10 miles today!! I'm amazed you had legs to start off with at all today, congratulations.

    Don't those ice baths feel awesome?!

    I hope J is taking good care of you and that you've given yourself some time to try to have fun at Disneyworld.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a machine... make sure you put up some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic comeback on the full after a huge PR on the half. It was close, but I did roll out of bed before you finished ;).

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok. When I grow up I wanna b like u. Your half is four minutes better than my best half and your full is four minutes better than my best full -- and u did this crazy zzz stunt on back to back days. Lindsay u r awesome. What more can one say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! You're amazing. That was a fast half yesterday, and you still came in 4:04! Wow!:)Rest up! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A 4:04 marathon the day after a 1:35 half?! In-freakin-credible. Can't wait to see the pics and hear a full report. In the meantime, rest up and eat lie Phelps! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding job! You are my hero! :-) I'll sending you pics your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wow and more wow. I read about your half and then this. Terrific job! Congratulations on the half PR.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Job girlie! Sorry we couldn't meet up.

    ReplyDelete