Friday, August 21, 2009

my future's so bright

i've been needing/wanting a pair of running-sunglasses for awhile now. i already wear a hat, but i often still find myself squinting.

last thursday i came back from surgery and promptly fell asleep for a couple hours. i woke up, felt ok for the most part and got on the computer to catch up on blog reading. i then decided it would be a great time to do some online shopping. perhaps not the best idea when you are recovering from anesthesia and on pain meds? oops.

enter: rudy project. i've really been wanting to indulge in a pair of rudy sunglasses for quite awhile. i know it's a great investment in my eyes and i'll get a lot of use out of them since i do actually run, but i had been having a hard time bringing myself to spend $200 on sunglasses. (i'm so unfashionable/cheap, even my "regular" sunglasses are like $15 ralph lauren.)

my rudy project rydon shades

the drugs took over my credit card and away i went. thankfully, rudy project is offering a sweet deal until september 1st! it was very easy for me to rationalize spending $200 on the sunglasses and getting all the other gear free.


the free gear deal includes a pair of sunglasses, spare pair of lenses, cycling helmet (or snow helmet), book- or gym- bag, hat and t-shirt. a pair of rudy project sunglasses & spare lenses can easily run you $230 alone so this is quite a bargain at $199.99 plus $19.99 s&h.

but wait, there's more!

follow rudy project on twitter @rudyprojectna and enter the code "ontwitter" when you checkout to save $20 (free shipping/handling essentially). don't forget, this deal ends september 1st.

i hope it doesn't rain this afternoon so i can take my new rydon shades out for their first run. they've got to be good - the usa triathlon team wears rudy!



tomorrow may be saturday, the day google reader gets backed up with unread blog posts, but you're probably gonna want to make an exception and stop by! i have some exciting news :)

16 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the retail therapy! Enjoy the glasses and all the other goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....sunglasses...or a new pair of shoes...Might have to wait a little while longer to pick up a pair of $200 sunglasses. At that price, I'd be afraid of losing them.
    They must be good! Have fun with them.
    Oh. I think my daughter would be very happy to think she looks like a rock star. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have quality shades!!! You've got some now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, those are some nice shades and bonus on the free swag! I have never spent anywhere near that much on sunglasses, but it does sound like a good investment. Enjoy! Yay for no more squinting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny. I just picked up a pair of new running shades myself. See you on the sunny trails. Report back on your new gear, hear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous- My $200 prescription "coke bottle" glasses with transition lenses that are shatterproof don't look as good as your new "shades." Plus you got some cool freebies with them. I hope there's lots of sunshine there so you can get your money's worth out of your shades! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a sweet deal! The glasses look awesome! You must post a self-portrait pic with them on. :) Nothing wrong with a little retail therapy either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the sunnies were practically free really! Gotta love good deals like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a good deal, enjoy! Nothing like shopping under the influence:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. pain meds and online shopping... never a good combo! does it make me even cheaper if i were to tell you i usually don't pay even 10 dollars for sunglasses?

    i'd love to hear how these work on a really long sweaty hot humid run day. :-) (not like you get those often down south, do you?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, that's a fantastic deal! NICE! Ah retail therapy, I SO miss you! Hope the shades work out nicely for you!

    ReplyDelete