Thursday, December 11, 2008

daily ledger

if a man has greatness in him, it comes to light, not in one flamboyant hour, but in the ledger of his daily work.

- beryl markhan
as i flipped through my random quote book i started my senior year of high school ('02) i came across this quote and it reminded me that it will take a lot of time, dedication and hardwork, but if i continue to make the most of each day and each workout, i will one day reach the goals i have set for myself.

with that said (i swear i'm not being hypocritical), i took the day off from running - felt a little 'off' last night, didn't get much sleep, and felt blah-zy all day at work (one of the old men i work with said i looked pale?). it also poured all day leaving rivers of water on these non-shoulder streets. so once again i am trading my rest day and will do my 800's tomorrow afternoon. good thing my off day is on friday and not monday so i can take advantage of a little flexibility.

3 comments:

  1. hope you feel better soon, and don't feel bad about taking a day off... plans are meant to be broken sometimes right? take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely get some rest, girl!

    That's a great quote. And so true for anyone who'd look at the training log of a marathoner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by with the good luck wishes! Have a great 20K this weekend!

    ReplyDelete