Sunday, December 7, 2008

relaxing 15 miler

i'm feeling a little brain dead and extra uncreative so i apologize in advance for the boringness that will follow.

i got in my planned 15 miler late this morning, and just took it nice and slow (~150hr). my legs started aching a bit around miles 6-7, and i hope i didn't overdo it with a long run. no pains, just that tired-muscle-ache you often get on a long run. i didn't run with any water, propel, or gu/sport beans but i didn't yearn for any. i'm sure had i been a little smarter about it i would've felt better during the run, but i survived. i tried stopping at one of the elementary schools i passed around mile 11 to take a sip from the water fountain, but of course, they didn't have any by the playground. a little weird because usually i always have luck finding water at playgrounds.

i've noticed that i get some of the randomest songs in my head when i'm running. i can't remember them all now, one today was an old school hip-hop-ish/r&b song. sometimes i get this song stuck in my head that my older sister's class sang at the elementary school performance ("it's alright to cry, crying gets the sad out of you") which makes no sense to begin with, and especially while i'm running. she was also in elementary school back in the mid-late 80's, so i really don't know why it gets stuck in my head. i wish i could remember which songs my mind played today because i know while i was running i'd starting thinking what the heck? where did this come from? so i'll work on that...

thanks to little motivation and advice from joyrun and d10, i even made myself stretch for a few minutes after my run. (and during, when i had to wait on traffic lights) i'm working on telling myself how good it feels to do and how good it will feel to prevent funky aches.

am run: 15 miles, 2:15:09 (9:00 avg pace), avg/max hr (153/186)

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the run. Since I don't listen to any music when I run songs pop in my head too. The sad part is, I usually make up half of the words! I also start reciting book I read to my daughter which is really annoying.

    Great job on the stretching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on the run... and funny about the song. have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Even after having done a marathon, I still don't think I can equate "relaxing" with "15 miler". Good job on the run!!

    ReplyDelete