Thursday, December 4, 2008

switching things up

what ever you do, do it with all your might. work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well now.

-pt barnum
i was lazy today and decided to trade today's scheduled 7 miles for tomorrow's off day. i don't really have any good excuses but it was 'rainy' after work (ie hardly drizzling) and i have the day off from work tomorrow so i can run sometime mid-day in the *gasp* daylight. seeing what lies ahead of me? not having to worry about cars not seeing me? i don't know if i'll make it...

anyway so i rested today and will run tomorrow for sure. the temps were actually in the 50s today which would've been nice and are only supposed to hit mid-40's tomorrow, but i'm in the mood for a non-pitch-black-dark run.

in case you were worried, buddy survived the night without getting sick from my protein (well, if he did i haven't found it yet). and since you asked joyrun, my (right) eye is doing fine from the recent tree incident. my left eye was bugging me today but i'm pretty sure my contact was just being funky. thanks for checking in on me nurse!

finally, i would like to send my best wishes to everyone racing this weekend, especially these folks who share the details of their personal lives via google reader:
good luck everyone!

4 comments:

  1. lazy days are good sometimes too :) glad the eye is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest when you need to and don't feel guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was a warmer day here too. I here you with choosing to run in the day verses at night. Last week I got all my runs in during the day and it was tough to get back in the dark runs this week.

    I read your comment on Julianne's blog about trying for Boston for 2 years and finally making it. Congratulations again. You have inspired me. I hope to sub 4 my next marathon and then train hard to BQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the eye is good! Now that you'll be running in daylight, you can watch out for the trees ;P

    ReplyDelete