Monday, December 15, 2008

i hate cookies

i will probably definitely retract that statement tomorrow once i have detoxed from the 90 dozen cookies eaten in the past two days, but for today, i am not too fond of them.

today was 'goodie day' at work, and of course everyone, including me, brought in delicious baked goods. yesterday afternoon j and i whipped up a batch of chocolate chip and sugar cookies. i sneaked some of the dough while we waited on the trays in the oven, and i only had maybe 4 cookies, but i still got a "sugar stomach ache" and was full enough to not eat dinner last night. (nutritious, i know). surprisingly, there were plenty of cookies left to fill the tin to bring in and share with my figure-conscious co-workers today.

utilizing my complete lack of self control, i couldn't resist going over to the spread of food and essentially pigging out all day long. i wasn't hungry, and i definitely didn't want chocolate/sugar, but i kept walking over there and snagging a cookie. i hate when i do this! i know i'm not craving it and i know i won't truly enjoy it, but i eat it anyway. i felt so fat all day long, and taking yesterday off didn't help much either.

running wise - on schedule for today was an easy 5-miler, but since i didn't run yesterday i was really planning on 6, and since i was little miss piggy today i was aiming for 6.5. turns out i did 7, whoops. i'm certainly not complaining; i needed the calorie burn. the first few miles were crap and i felt soo junky, but i knew i had set myself up for it with my cookie addiction. the temp was amazing for mid-december (56) and i stretched out my legs fairly decently afterwards, and threw in a few abs. at least i'm feeling a little better about my sugar habit earlier.

my right inner-ish quad was sore all day and i can't think of why. i freakin took yesterday off, how did i possibly tweak it while sitting around the house? maybe i mopped the kitchen floor too intensely... anyway i often read about some of you folks "rolling" and/or using "the stick". i know next to nothing about all that but i assume it's not rocket-science and figured my rolling pin would substitute just fine. it felt good and i was able to put gentle, yet hard pressure on the sore part, but who knows if i was doing it right.

this morning my rhr was 53, which is an improvement but still not back to "normal" so hopefully skipping my longer-long run was the right move.

pm run: 7 miles, 1:03:34 (9:04 avg pace), avg/max hr (149/184)

10 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience with a holiday party last night. I drank way too much bourbon and white wine. I was a wee bit hungover this morning, but after the first mile, my 6 mile run went quite well. I felt great the rest of the day. I've always said there's not better cure for a hangover than a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. too funny about the cookies. glad you had a good run afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same dayum way with cookies. Someone sent us a box, & we're almost through ALL of them. Sad.

    LOL about the rolling pin!

    This is the one I got from Target (it even came with a DVD), just in case: http://www.gofit.net/site/gofit/product?id=69

    ReplyDelete
  4. cookies are the devil! i hope you are all much more controlled than me.

    luckily, i'm pretty good at resisting alcohol - unless there's chocolate involved of course. (big surprise there. chocotini anyone?) but when i was in college i would run off a long night-out on the town the next morning. nothing too early of course! thanks for the official rolling device - i will have to check it out (i definitely did not know what i was doing!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookie dough is the worst! It's so yummy, but by taking little bits, it's so hard to tell how much you eat. It's not until a hour later when you want to throw up that you regret that last finger full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man..i know i have a box of cookies coming my way care of Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I wasn't hungry, and i definitely didn't want chocolate/sugar, but i kept walking over there and snagging a cookie." I am the same way. I don't know why but I can't resist.

    I start my baking tonight! Hopefully, I'll have some self discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the cookies. There seem to be goodies everywhere I look this month and when I don't resist, I feel like utter crap.

    Nice job on the run - you worked off some of the cookies for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cookies and wine are my undoing...thanks for the nice comments on my blog, by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  10. my friend uses a pin roller too :) hey it gets the job done! i have both the stick and a foam roller and LOVE them both.

    ReplyDelete