Wednesday, December 31, 2008

december 2008

i finished off december and 2008 with an easy 5-mile run today. it wasn't anything special other than the fact it was the last run of the year, just an easy run to log some miles as i wind down my goofy training. i ran outside and it felt wayyy easier and wayyy slower than the past two days of running on the treadmill.

mid-day run: 5 miles, 46:21 (9:16 avg pace), avg/max hr (149/183)

overall december was another good month. i had a confidence-boosting mile repeat workout, a great 20-mile training run with an average pace just shy of another bq-paced marathon, and logged a record high 62-mile-week. i'm a little sad i won't have a week that high in mileage for awhile, but it'll be nice to have a little (tiny, short, miniscule) break. i did better at getting in abs than previous months, but on a weekly basis there is still room for improvement. i also fell off the yoga train again, but i'm telling myself i will be busy yoga-ing the week after goofy since i am going to try to force myself to take a few days off from running.

total mileage: 200.64
time spent running: 29:38:23
days off: 7 (1 due to an abnormally high rhr, 2 due to family emergency, & 4 scheduled rest days)
abs/yoga: 7 ab workouts/0 yoga sessions
avg resting hr: 52.26
avg max hr: 185.50

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your run was a good one today - and that you ended the year on a positive note. Thanks so much for those websites with running time calculators. I did put in my marathon time from October and a few others and saw that for a 5K, I should do about 9:10 minute miles. I felt better seeing that I've been running about what I should be doing, I think. There's room for improvement of course but it helped to know I was not really sliding backwards, which is what I thought was the case.

    I'd say next year has to be better where your family is concerned. But you've already qualified for Boston, running-wise, so 2009 will be hard to top! (Although the goofy run is a good way to start it off...)

    Happy New Year, Lindsay! (from your running blog bff.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job in 08 and I hope 2009 brings much running success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice December. I only hit about 160 mileage wise. The holidays really killed me, but I'm not too worried about it. I'll at least be well rested for Disney. You BETTER rest after Goofy. Seriously. They don't call it the Goofy for nothin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to wrap up the month - hitting 200!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to end the year. Good luck in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great 2008 Lindsay! 2009 is going to be just as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mileage is impressive. You continue to inspire! I am glad I found this blog, I look forward to reading about your 2009 adventures. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a month! Way to end the year.

    200 miles... wow. I was excited that I hit 200 kilometres this month. lol

    Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing what this year has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe we should be "accountability partners" and make each other do yoga. Not as much time for yoga when you're doing 200 miles in a month though! Great job!

    ReplyDelete