Wednesday, March 25, 2009

running? huh?

monday run: non-existent. too freakin' cold in syracuse. ok, so it was in the 30's, but no thanks. i think i slept most of the day as well, guess i needed to rest.

tuesday run: didn't even consider it. ok, so i kind of did. barely. couldn't sleep in for the life of me but it was in the 20's and i was not quite in the mood to subject myself to that. j and i did go for a lovely walk around green lakes state park. i nearly froze to death, but it was pretty.




flew home later and got back a little after midnight. j repacked his bags, we took a nap, and got up at the lovely hour of 4:30 to take him back to the airport wednesday morning. isn't he lucky. technically i was supposed to head for the hills myself but when i saw how late we were getting back tuesday night i told work i was gonna need a day.

wednesday run: riiiiiiiight. 4 hours of sleep, 9 or so hours of work, 3 suitcases to pack. (regular clothes, shoes, and running clothes). i was only aiming to work until 3 or 4 ish, but of course, stuff happens. i was a little preoccupied with the 90 things i needed to get done so i probably didn't leave things as organized as i could have... too bad so sad.

i got my exciting and luxurious rental car to sport for the next 2 months - a kia amanti. big pimpin'. unfortunately, the door locks were funky. the button on the driver-side door only worked the driver-side door (convenient), and the remote-thingy also only worked the driver-side door. i couldn't even lock the trunk. sorry, if i'm going to be leaving my crap in this car for two months in the bfe, i'd like to be able to lock the doors at least.

so i took the car over to the airport (haven't seen enough of it lately) to get it exchanged. the genius behind the counter told me i needed to push the button twice. i kindly told her i had pushed it 12 times and it would still not lock or unlock the doors. she then asked me if i had recorded the mileage and filled it with gas. i said lady, this car was delivered to me at work and then i drove it over here. that's about 10 miles. no, i did not put gas in it. they accepted my reasoning and even gave me an upgrade to a luxurious saturn vue, at no extra cost to work even, i'm so thoughtful.

hopefully i'm all packed and ready to survive life in the sticks. i'm hoping to get in at least a couple miles (ie: 3) tomorrow night after another long day of traveling and working. i'm not feeling guilty for the past few days (probably because i'm so tired all the time) but i know if i want to truly enjoy wearing jeans and a t-shirt to work i need to not gain 10 pounds. i didn't pack my fat girl pants.

20 comments:

  1. I'm not at all envious of this schedule...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get a car that functions on all levels. Don't you just love customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes. Syracuse. One of my *favorite* spots in NY (Not!).

    I do quite a bit of travelling myself so I know how you feel. I find it easier to give up on running while travelling than to stress about taing my stuff, finding a route, etc. Okay - so I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... aren't you happy it's not the middle of January? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a crazy schedule, girl! Good luck with the traveling. Hopefully you can get yourself back into a routine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good girl for not packing fat girl pants! Smart thinking.

    You do need to take some down time though, you've been going non stop. It's okay. Make sure you keep yourself healthy and get enough rest, the last thing you want is to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I missed something, where are you going for 2 months?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geeze sounds like you've been all over the place lately. You'll get back to running soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. agghhh! my comment got erased! okay- so i was saying that your pimpin kia reminds me of pineapple express and the daewoo that one of the characters drives. anyhoo--hope u survive the boondocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I drove a rented Kia once through Nebraska and Colorado. POS little car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YIKES you are one busy girl... good luck with all that traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to live near Syracuse. Yep, it's freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Syracuse is usually even colder than where I live. Don't blame you for not running!

    Keep your chin up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your schedule settles down a bit. This is CRAZY (stating the obvious!). Glad you got a great car to show off for a bit, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm like that too. 30 degrees is too cold for me somedays! Hopefully warmer days are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rental cars suck! Hope you have fun for the next two months!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it was like 30-40 degrees when I went snowboarding in Big Bear last week. So I can understand why you wouldn't want to run in those conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, 2 months out in the sticks for work? Good luck! Can't say I blame you for the lack of mojo, you've got a lot going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmmm.... I have no words. You poor girl! Nothing better than a smelly rental car! This might call for some m&ms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. for some reason I couldn't get onto your blog earlier today, I'm glad I can read it now! I'm sitting in a conference workshop that is so far above my head, I've just given up and am now catching up with my friends!

    Wait, now,you said you were in Syracuse, or 'cuse?!! that is only 35-40 minutes from where I was raised. Do you now see why I hate the FREAKING COLD!?? i will have to give Glenn Jones a good ribbing over his comment, lol!

    I think I must have missed the post where you said what "bfe" stands for?

    Why are you stuck in Kentucky for the next two months?!

    ReplyDelete