Friday, November 19, 2010

my new boyfriend

although i took sunday off from running, i still wasn't sure how my legs/ankles felt after saturday's trail run so i allowed myself to run super easy on monday. it was much-needed because i felt slow and uncoordinated.

monday (11/15) pm run: 4.64 miles, 44:18 (avg pace 9:33), 55*

i still felt funky on tuesday and since i've actually learned to not be so hard-headed (like the old me), i decided to take the whole week easy. another easy run, legs still sluggish. there was (heat) lightning, and i felt pressured to run faster but my legs didn't show any concern.

tuesday (11/16) pm run: 6.10 miles, 58:00 (avg pace 9:30), 64*
it was warm enough to wear a tank top, but before you get mad at me remember that it's karma for having put up with 5.5 hot and humid months of running in 90* and 100% humidity.

with two slow, cement-legged days, i took wednesday off from running and did one of my insanity dvd's instead. i haven't done them since early spring, and i decided i still don't like them.

{continue reading after the jump!}



thursday was moving-day at work, prompting for jeans and early dismissal! unfortunately there is only so much you can do once all your stuff is boxed up. as for the moving, this is my 3rd office shuffle since june. it's incredibly stupid. once they moved me to a cubicle diagonal from me... i moved most of my stuff myself and left an eraser, paperclip and my headphones in a box for the movers. we definitely keep the moving company in business.



anyway, i got out of work early and took advantage of another opportunity to runmute home.

thursday (11/18) afternoon run: 7.4 miles, 1:05:03 (avg pace 8:47), 64*
it appears my take-it-easy-this-week approach is working!

after my runmute, i decided to tackle the leaves on the front porch and sidewalk. before i could get started, the kid next door asked if i wanted to see something cool so i said sure. *i would make a bad parent* 'cause it wasn't that cool in my opinion - he rode a tonka truck down the 'hill' and under a table. i tried to act impressed. then he pulled out his tricycle and showed me how he does 180's on it.

kinda like this--


except his "trike" looks like this:

then to top it all off he gave me the classic gym pick-up line, "so you workout a lot?". i guess i should have asked him if he played any sports. he asked josh last week if we had any kids he could play with 'cause he's trying to make friends (they moved in a few weeks ago). i'll take this little chatter box pimp over the redneck monsters that used to live there; at least he plays in his own yard!

30 comments:

  1. Those runs look pretty good to me! ;-) You are maybe not cranking out any 800's, but your run from yesterday would be dream world for me! ;-)

    I am not planning on doing PMRR, we'll be in AL for the weekend for my hub's HS reunion. But even if I were in town, I doubt I would do that to myself. I once rode that course on the bike, just to check it out and it sucked on the bike already, so I can't even imagine how bad it is to run that puppy.

    So there goes another race-less December for me (3rd in a row), but I discovered a half on 1/8 in Travelers Rest... I think I am going to do that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Resolution Run and is organized by the YMCA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For an easy week, you are still cranking out the miles! Great work!

    "at least he plays in his own yard"

    -Yep, we are dealing with this ourselves. Our neighbors don't like to play in their backyard because the fence gate is hard to operate. So, instead they run around our house. I hate to be a grumpy neighbor, but it freaks me out when I heard someone getting chased across the deck or is hiding outside my window for hide-n-seek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the miles and paces. You are making wise decisions.....is mr miyagi training you now?

    That is the coolest tricycle ever. Might have to get that for chico now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for the take it easy approach. you runs definitely sound good to me. too funny about the kid next door! the secret to getting along with kids is to fake amazement in everything that they do

    ReplyDelete
  6. So does that make you a 'cougar'??????? I know what you mean about feeling slow and uncoordinated....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so that box you left for the movers might be the funniest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're 'rummuting'!
    hey that's Green machine, not just any trike. Obviously he's trying hard to impress you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. V smart Lindsay, listening to yourr body! And yes, kids find the most boring things exciting. WHen it's your kids, you'll find them exciting too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are hysterical with the moving box! Bahahahahaha!

    Too cute that the kid next door is picking you up. Did you make sure you bend extra low while raking leaves??

    ReplyDelete
  11. that kid is adorable. he probably goes tos chool and tells all his friends he has a new girlfriend and that she works out a lot. hey maybe you can con him into raking your yard next time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Young love! And here's a secret--even we parents aren't all that impressed with our kids' antics 24/7, so you wouldn't be a bad parent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I can see you with a whole litter of kids!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seriously don't think I've seen a single child in my neighborhood since I've moved to DC. Dogs on the otherhand...are EVERYWHERE. Which I'm fine with, especially when puppies are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Richie uses the Insanity DVDs, only he brings his laptop to the gym and does the DVDs there. It's pretty funny to watch.

    There was a kid in my neighborhood growing up who had a ride similar to your amorous neighbor's. It was called the "Green Machine" and he was the coolest kid in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHAHAHAHAHA - I am actually laughing out loud about that kid "*i would make a bad parent* 'cause it wasn't that cool in my opinion" Hahaha.

    Poor little guy! He needs some friends ;)

    I should really runmute home from work one of these days, it would be amazing hill training as I live at the top of a mountain! Not really, but practically... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So you basically got picked up by an 8-year-old future Harley dude who was impressed by your muscles? I freakin' love it.

    Nice running -- heck yeah to the runmute, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL LOL at your little neighbor. At least you faked being excited hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's better than the kid in my 'hood who told me I had "that boom boom pow" as I ran past.

    I'm not a parent, but I think parents probably feign excitement at the "really cool" things kids too a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet trike. Get to work on some kids so he has someone to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rawrrrr you cougar! I guess the kid is a disciple of practice makes perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol that kid next door sounds cute- even if he stuff isn't that cool. I remember as a kid always wanting new kids to move into the neighborhood.

    I love the term "runmute"

    And also I am Class of 06 :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw your tweet about the freakishly warm weather you guys were having, that is so weird. and why couldn't it happen when I come down there??!! I can't wait to see you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the kid next door! Maybe you can tape him for your own YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That kid sounds hilarious, and also kind of sweet. He is clearly very proactive about making friends!

    Looks like a good week you had running--I'm glad you were able to give yourself a little break when you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know that taking it easy for me leads to some pretty impressive shi$. Way to go on taking it easy. Taking it easy for me, though, means chocoturd time. lol. I know you wanna dig into one big marathon sized chocoturd. Maybe you can make one and give it to your new boyfriend and see what his reaction would be. My new term for the week is turdulance. I do that all the time on the treadmills at the gym. "Boosts" performance, just like taking it easy. OK, OK, enough K2. That is one bad ass turdcycle man. Well, off to the turd factory. You take it "easy" and produce some bad ass runs Lindsay. Later. Ill try to be more serious in future comments, but hey, why?

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a good running week! I love the kids on my block. They are polite and friendly, they play in their own yards and they tolerate us when we ask lots of questions about their very cool remote controlled airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You know, after a moving box like that, the movers go home and cry.
    And I love kids, but not if they ride a 180 trike. Thugs. They actually need their non-coolness reinforced. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I had a job like that once, where they moved us constantly and hired movers for every move. It sucks after the first time moving!!

    ReplyDelete