Wednesday, May 27, 2009

sugoi brand champion

i just got confirmation today that i was selected to be a sugoi brand champion! i am stoked! what is a sugoi brand champion? as an sbc, i'll receive sweet deals on sugoi products to train and race in, in exchange for inspiring others and helping promote the products i enjoy. the verve shorts i received awhile back have been a great companion on my long runs (and shorter too) and my calves are loving their knee-high race+recovery socks. i can't wait to expand my running-wear further with more of their products. my running clothes already have a whole room in my house (creatively called the "running room"), certainly a few more tops, shorts, sports bras, and accessories won't hurt.

work starts at 6:30am now (instead of 7) and of course i've been late both days. i really thought i left early enough today but nope, late. granted i was only a few minutes late but still, the guys gave me crap for it. the good thing about starting earlier is (theoretically) leaving earlier. of course, it hasn't exactly cooled down any by 5:30pm when i head out on my run. all the same, i ran after work tuesday and today (wednesday), and kept reminding myself that i was getting acclimated to the weather. i'm glad i don't have to push the pace for a couple weeks - my hr has been a little high for the "easy zone" but i'm assuming it's an effect of the heat.

tuesday (5/26) pm run: 8.63 miles, 1:16:25 (avg pace 8:51), avg hr (169)
78* and 80-something% humidity (and 0 shade); didn't quite feel like making it a round 9.00 when i got back to the car. got sweet tan lines from the hour+ in the sun. i'm sure they'll make the perfect accessories with my dress for the wedding i'm attending this weekend. sock tan lines in heels, hot.

wednesday (5/27) pm run: 6.40 miles, 57:28 (avg pace 8:58), avg hr (166)
only 75* today but just as humid; it was cloudy from a rough thunderstorm that had just blown through and the forecasted one(s) to follow it. luckily the rain held off and i was able to run outside instead of visiting the treadmill.

slow runs, but hey, i'm "acclimating". ...right?

30 comments:

  1. You are a champ and inspiration -- glad they picked you!! Congrats, and sweet deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to make a great brand champ. THey couldn't have picked a better runner. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, that is so cool! I just checked out their website and their gear is very cool! How cool to be pretty much a sponsored athlete! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on becoming brand champion, what a cool title! It'd be pretty cool to be decked out in Sugoi apparel. I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet deal!! You are so lucky. Can't wait to read all the product reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice job on the evening runs, that's a good pace...never heard of sugoi, i'll have to check them out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. what???u didn't keep running to have a whole number in your running log? What kind of brand champion is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. Knee high sock tan lines. Interesting (ha ha!)/

    I was just adminiring my own ankle high tan lines yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  9. How the hell do you all you guys get this free shit to check out??? I guess my blog isn't impressive enough yet!
    Love the thought of the socks for work. Do they work? My legs are screaming after 10 hours of my feet all night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard good things about Sugoi but haven't tried any of there stuff yet. Those socks look interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cool! How did you become a brand champion?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds cool! You'll make a great SGC!

    GOod job getting your runs done in the warmer temps. Yep, you will acclimate! I'm still working on that over here too, although we're probably working with VERY different temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome girl!!!! :) :) That's almost like being sponsored!! How cool!

    I think we all want to know how this came about (besides you being awesome, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I found your blog through Run, Live, and Enjoy! Nice blog. I have so many sweet tan lines going on at the moment... yep, it's attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are running well! Esp. in this HEAT! Keep it up girl! CONGRATS brand champ!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the sugoi champion title. May lots of free swag come your way. Well deserved:) Ana-Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so cool that you get to be a "brand champion"! I've actually heard about many of their products (as well as browsed through many of them at various Rock 'n' Roll events) and they've always interested me, especially those socks. Recovery Socks in general are intriguing me lately.

    Changing weather takes acclimation, you're doing awesome. I am still acclimating to our climbing temperatures here, but at least I don't have the humidity to deal with. I usually run in the evening on Tuesdays and it's regularly around 110 throughout the summer. We're building up to that right now with temps in the upper 90's at that time.

    Again, congrats on the "sponsorship" and I hope your tan lines fade before you have to wear that dress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on "Sugoi," I guess I'll have to check it out. I wonder how a 52 year old male runner can get sweet deals like yours?! Hmmm, probably can't! By the way, 15 miles down, 27 left to go for the week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Brand Champion" sounds so fancy, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow a Sugoi champion!! Awesome!

    I like that brand a lot. Can you recommend some shorts or tanks for hot weather??

    Also, your speedy runner!! Great pace. Keep it going girlie!! You are inspiring and I love to read about other people running. :O)

    Thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog. I appreciate it very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool about the running clothes/accessory gig! I will have to check and see where they sell their stuff around here, if they do at all, because that name does not sound familiar.

    You have a room with your running clothes? I'm a proud gear head and I have a drawer only, although the stuff is starting to spill over into another room, admittedly.

    How did these folks hear about you? is it from that item I emailed you about a few months ago?

    ReplyDelete
  22. The heat is why I run at 6 AM. I would roast running at 5:30. There is no way I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here I thought that being the "Brand Champion" meant you had beaten all the other people who wear Sugoi products. Congrats anyway. :).

    I went out for 8 miles this morning and couldn't manage anything but slow as well. I'm not that out of shape, but the heat is killer! Just rest assured that the miles in the summer heat will make you fast in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  24. FREE FREE FREE! Ohhh I'm jealous!!

    And I can't blame you for giving into the Krispy Kreme donuts. I throw one of those for 10 secs into the microwave & inhale it with my coffee.

    One sip of coffee - one donut.

    Entire cup of coffee - whole lotta donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, congrats on becoming a brand champion! That is awesome! 6:30 start time for work? That is tough...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with Mel- you are such an inspiration, and I think you are a great choice to promo! I don't know much about this brand, so make sure you take lots of pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great deal! You are a champ already. You are such an inspiration to everyone.

    Eek! You have to be at work at 6:30?

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's awesome! I can't wait to hear about the Sugoi products you get to try out. One of my favorite pairs of 3/4 length tights are by Sugoi. I love them because they have an inside key pocket in the front as well as a zippered pocket in the back. They are the only pair I have been able to find with both front and back pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on being a brand champion!!! that is exciting!

    gah i need to get acclimated to the heat :( not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete