Tuesday, May 26, 2009

sleep. sleep. run. sleep.

week in review (5/18 - 5/24):
total miles: 37.32 (all easy)
time spent running: ~5 hours 27 minutes
avg hr: 163.50
avg pace: 8:43/mile
off days: 1 (pure laziness)

i had planned/hoped for a couple more miles in that total but cut sunday's run short. i just wasn't feeling it and couldn't get "into" the run. it was super humid again, and i was struggling to win the mental battle. i think the past two weeks of working a ton, getting maybe 6 hours of sleep/night, and squeezing in runs caught up to me over the long weekend. i took a nap friday after work, saturday afternoon, sunday morning (yes, morning), sunday afternoon, slept in monday, and took one last nap monday afternoon. essentially all i did this weekend was sleep, eat, and run (a little). it was pretty glorious.

in an attempt to hold myself more accountable to my weekly mileage and not give in to the heat/humidity, i need to hit ~42 miles this week. i'm putting it out there so you can bust my chops later if necessary.

17 comments:

  1. k, if you hit the target mileage, i say we celebrate by going on vacation... to a beach? Sand surf and recovery!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beat you two to it. I spent the whole weekend at the beach. I "recovered" enough for both of you :P.

    I'm going to spend the rest of the week thinking of good insults to use if you don't hit 42 miles :P. So, you better hit 42 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you needed the sleep, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cheering you on to get to 42 this week. Now that you caught up on sleep I bet dealing with the humidity will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What else do you really need to do beside eat, sleep and run?!? I love naps, wish I could take them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep, eat and run.....that's funny AND insane, damn, you put some serious mileage on the board! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granted, I don't think I have a reason to want that much sleep, but your napping schedule has me envious :) Good luck with the 42 miles! I'm impressed with the week you had, especially given how tired you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of sleep! Sounds like a great weekend. I hope you're feeling well-resated for that 42 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you body needs sleep, it needs sleep! You'll benefit from it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the feeling! I was in bed asleep by 9:00 last night and slept an extra hour this morning (5:30)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a napping machine! Your body must need it.

    Uh oh, now that you said 42 miles, you gotta do it! Or at least come close. I think you'll do just fine...you seem to thrive on that kind of mileage. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this week pans out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...naps! Love them. Good for you in taking several of them, it sounds like you needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I took a 30 minute nap yesterday after work. Sometimes the body just needs that and I'm glad you honored that!

    Now let me get my virtual whip ready to keep you to your plan for this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Humidity has been KILLING me lately too. It's the worst. Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lot of sleeping, I'm jealous. It sounds like it was very much needed though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love sleep :) 6 hours is def not enough for me!

    42 here you come!

    ReplyDelete