Friday, March 26, 2010

working? running! and a winner!

[if this post is up, it means i did not have another relapse and am actually at work on a friday. pretty soon my co-workers might think i am conveniently scheduling vertigo episodes on thursdays/fridays. anyway, hopefully you are reading this and i am not sitting on the bathroom floor again.]

i've been feeling 'ok' so far this week, and have been able to spend a little more time working out this week than last. i'm still trying to take it easier on myself by not running/working out as much as i usually do and slowly increasing back to those levels. running doesn't feel as awkward as it did last week, which is nice.

monday - got home from work and it was like 40 degrees and rainy. blah. sure i've run in much colder temps, but i didn't feel like it and darn it i wasn't going to. :o) i settled for 40-mins of plyometrics/circuit training instead, and it wore me out; my legs were sore tuesday.

tuesday - i ran! i took it slow and told myself i could always walk if i needed to. the longest i ran last week was 40 minutes, so i stopped at 50 minutes to ensure i didn't push myself too much. 61* and sunny helped a little.

wednesday - had dinner plans an hour away, no run today. later in the evening i did a 55-min plyo/circuit workout which was even harder than monday's. i dripped with sweat and my upper body was sore thursday. the circuits are about 3-4 mins hard/30-secs rest and repeat, so i figure it's decent "cardio" as well as a little strength training. (not to mention i struggle to do them for the full time interval!)

thursday - more running! 61* and cloudy, but at least no rain. i might've wimped out if it was raining. sad, but true. i increased my run time to 55 minutes today, keeping it easy. i celebrated running 6+ miles, as last week i only got in 4+ mile runs.



and the winner of the clif shot/super awesome surprises giveaway is:

diana of my road to rkc!

diana is a crazy workout fiend who has an amazing fitness/weight loss story. she runs, does triathlons, and is obsessed with kettlebells. she works out like 4 times a day while working 12-hr shifts at the hospital, and on top of that is also an inspiring mom. :o)

send me an email diana with your mailing info!

31 comments:

  1. OMG! Way tooooooo funny, I'm reading along feeling warm and fuzzy for you reading about how much better you've been feeling with the vertigo and stuff, then I read the winner being "diana from road to RKC" and it took a split second to go; "hey THAT'S me!!!"
    Woo-hoo for being a winner!!!!

    This will now make going to the basement to do my kettlebell squats just that much easier!!!

    Thanks my blogger buddy!

    PS/ thrilled to hear the vertigo is behaving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you picked your winner :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear you are feeling better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are feeling better. THat is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you're feelign better. Keep taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've been able to get in some really decent workouts this week. Hoping that means good things on the vertigo front!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee, love the way you selected the winner. (BUT WHY DIDN'T JOSH PICK ME?!)

    Glad to see you were feeling decent enough this week to get in some workouts... AND that you did not have another episode!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always looking for new ways to pick winners- I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hoooray!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice win-pick method :) i enjoy that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you are starting to feel better girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I don't like Josh anymore. Oh wait, I didn't enter - nevermind.

    Glad the vertigo is a little better. I hope you're still going to go to the ENT, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope this is behind you, and just in time for the spring season. Now - Back to training and hit it hard. Don't hold back anything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the vertigo leaves you alone!

    Congratulations to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such great news that you are feeling better:) You are going to have a fantastic weekend!! Congrats to your winner:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are feeling better. I know this weather has to help! I may have to use your method for picking a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josh sucks! I so wanted to win...oh wait, I'm holding out for the car! Glad you're feeling better. I have to be honest. It's 10 p.m. and I'm suffering the effects of too many Guinness at Happy Hour. Sooo, run Lindsay run!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, it sounds like your feelings for Boston this week are leaning towards shorts and not jeans. Am I right? I hope you continue to feel stronger ALL week long, even on Thursdays and Fridays.ss

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodie, at least this week sounds like it's going much better for you! I think if you can increase the time you spend running slowly every few days (with no relapse of vertigo) you'll be alright in Boston!

    Don't worry about a goal time. No one ever asks what time you run in Boston, they just want to know whether you did it or not. So count it as a victory lap of sorts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to see that you are feeling a little better over there. May you keep running. Hopfully the bath room floor will not miss you. You will get back up to it again I am sure tough girl. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to hear things are going better for you!

    And I remember doing those types of circuit/plyo type of workouts in karate and gym classes. Man, they are killer. Good for you doing them on your own (I don't think I could).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to see you are coming around. Still take it easy though, don't want you overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you are feeling better and even got a run in :) The other workouts you have been doing sound killer! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for runs and feeling better! I hope you had a great weekend and that you continued to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you continue to feel better! This whole vertigo thing is crazy. I feel like a doctor should be able to help you with more than some anti-nausea drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're going to probably PR in Boston :). How are you feeling this week so far??? Been thinking about you and hope things are going well for you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good to hear that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Phew glad to hear the Vertigo is on the way out...looks like Josh just got a new job a random number generator!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete