Thursday, June 25, 2009

sweet summer weather

i'm on a little streak here - 15 days running, for almost 115 miles. not too shabby. i'm pretty sure i'll be taking tomorrow off.

my runs from earlier this week have been alright, but today's run was wonderful. it was 91* when i began my run after work. that particular part was not amazing. i'm not going to lie, i wanted to turn around in mile 1 and call it a day. i've been exhausted lately at work, and almost didn't even head out for this run. as i was driving out of work, i realized i was feeling more awake and knew i'd feel guilty if i skipped the run. (i don't think it's a coincidence that i'm falling asleep at work but wide awake once i get outta there...)

anyway, i pressed on past the one mile mark. as i passed the same spot again about an hour later, i realized how much better i felt then vs. the start of the run, and gave myself some credit for not giving up early on. i headed north into a neighborhood and noticed the sky was getting a bit dark. i only had ~30 minutes left to go and figured i'd just pick up the pace a little to get through the neighborhood loop and head back to the car before the storm opened up. the menacing clouds blew in quickly, bringing an amazing breeze with them. the last half hour was so worth having ran the first hour in 91. the temp dropped to 72! gloriousness.

ok, so normally i'd probably still complain about 72* being warm, but this felt like air conditioning after sweating it out to 91. the wind was rather intense at times, but thankfully it did not start raining (or thundering/lightning) until i was safely in my car.

thursday (6/25) pm run: 10.25 miles, 1:30:35 (avg pace 8:50), avg hr (168)

only a half-day of work tomorrow! ...and then driving for five hours or so.

17 comments:

  1. Awesome job not giving up. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your run! 91-72 degrees? That MUST have felt like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU don't give up on the runs and I don't give up in my "living room!" It's just doing what WE enjoy doing. When you like it so much, there is no way you'll give up on it! That's how I do my "living room" workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 115 miles? Wow, that is super impressive. Nicely done! And good for you for getting that run started in such hot temps. That temperature must have felt amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little streak...I'll say; nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome job on the little running streak...i'm jealous, it's been so hot here, hard to get out the door...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow; what a streak!!! very impressive. Sounds like you had a really nice run too. Enjoy your half day of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a crazy drop in temp! Nice job keeping up with the running. I think sometimes the heat zaps all my energy and I have to force myself out the door. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap 91 degrees when you started running! And 15 days of running! You are rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU ARE A RUNNING MACHINE!! 115 miles? That's like more than I run in a MONTH! Keep it up!

    That's crazy the temp dropped that much...thank goodness, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive streak and great 10-miler! 72 must have felt like HEAVEN after 91!

    Enjoy your short work day... although you'll be stuck driving afterwards. (safe travels!)

    I've also been noticing lately that I'm sOOOOO tired at work and all peppy when I get home. Hmmm...

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are AMAZING! You deserve a day off!
    summer weather in the W-V this week can be summed up as hot and dry with the only rain in the form of thunderstorms!
    Great pace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we had pretty identical runs yesterday - similar temps, almost exact mileage and pace :) awesome job girl!! you def deserve a break today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. V nice job! Your running is going so well. Your legs will thank you for the rest day. I can't wait to hear more about your training. I really enjoyed reading Daniels and have incorporated some of his suggestions into my training. Ana-Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a really good run, good job on going out for the run and sticking to it after the first mile. 115 miles in 15 days, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to ask, why are you running so many days in a row? I can also now see I will have to send you tweets whenever it gets that hot - that's just too hot, Lindsay! But I am glad it cooled down for you, and also that you didn't get stuck out there in the thunderstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing mileage! I soooo wish my coach would let me run more. I feel like I'm starving on only 15-25 miles a week :-(

    YAY for the temp drop!

    ReplyDelete