Sunday, June 21, 2009

you get what you asked for

the skies heard my pleas, and held their storms until later in the night for the remainder of the week. unfortunately, the evening rains did not lower the humidity or temps. from one extreme to another, it's been a hot, sunny and slow finish to the week. (at least i got to run outside though!) i justified my snail's pace with the heat. i've also ran 11 days in a row for 85 miles and maybe my legs are a little tired. i'm good at making excuses, though my mind isn't falling for them.

thursday (6/18) pm run: 10.10 miles, 1:30:54 (avg pace 9:00), avg hr (166), 81*
frustrating day at work; feeling quite ready to move on. needed a good "long" run to beat out some of the frustration. got holla'd at by some people in the ghetto area and honked at once. rrrrr.

friday (6/19) pm run: 6.62 miles, 1:00:34 (avg pace 9:10), avg hr (164), 91*
after running around town with the "traffic" thursday, i hit up my peaceful and quiet farm road. shade would have been nice. i felt each of those 91 degrees. a bit too hot in my opinion.

saturday (6/20) pm run: 2.32 miles, 21:44 (avg pace 9:22), avg hr (144), 87*
we all know i have issues getting out of bed on the weekend. i went on this "run" around 8pm... and it was still 87*! i didn't really need to run today because it'd push me over my mileage goal for the week (don't need to have too big of an increase from last week). the odd decimal places in my "lifetime mileage" have been bothering me and i wanted to even it out. j and i ran a super easy lap around the park. after laying around all day it felt good to do something, even if only for 20 minutes.

sunday (6/21) am run: 14 miles, 2:06:09 (avg pace 9:00), avg hr (163), 75*
let me add that it was 94% humid, so that 75* was not as pleasant as it could've been. running in sweat soaked clothing is lovely. i was wringing myself out every mile. yum. i took a pack of gu chomps to bribe myself along and attempt to put a little bounce in my step. a chick out for a bike ride offered me water somewhere around 9 miles, wanted to make sure i had enough. i thought that was pretty cool, and very kind of her. it would have been even better if she had offered to let me ride back on her handlebars.



huge shoutout to stacey of rbr, working for that ironman title today at ironman cda! stacey is an amazing athlete. she's been training hard and can probably trump any workout you've done. in training for this ironman she climbed 93,984ft on foot and bike! she has a great sense of humor and her posts always make me laugh. go check out her page and leave her some luck!

23 comments:

  1. I love the photo Lindsay!

    I can't understan how you folks back in the East and South can run this time of year. 85 with 85% humidity? Don't your shoes melt? (just kidding). Maybe that's why all you folks are fast and fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, look at you go! You are really pumping out the mileage, and in some serious heat and humidity too. Nicely done.

    And I love that picture of you! Makes a great blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to get those runs done in those dastardly temps! But I do agree it makes us stronger and faster when the cooler weather comes. That photo looks a lot like Ocala, FL, which is horse country in Central FL. Very peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks like you really run quite a few miles in a week maybe one day I can get over 20 miles in a week. :)

    Also I have a couple giveaways going on right now on my running blog hope you will stop by and check them out.

    http://ericarunning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone else is saying what I'm about to, but... Great photo!

    You got a lot of miles in, that's impressive. And in crummy heat/humidity at that! Nice work.

    That's cool that someone offered you water. Much better than the people honking and holla'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to crank out the miles..running in the heat with high humidity is tough....that is cool the bike chick offered you water...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot and steamy runs! I start complaining at anything over 80. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What, you run with your own personal photographer now? I gotta hire somebody and give them one month notice or by race pictures if I wanna see myself running in pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, your mileage is up there, good for you. love the picture, too:) ana-maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow 11 days in a row?? thats intense! the heat is not my friend either gah... not a fan of summer running. great job on all of yours though! you are doing great and love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn, your mileage is so impressive! Here I am thinking I need to recover and there's you running 14 days in a row. Something's gotta give!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a streak! Geez, you must need a rest!

    Love the country road pic. Why don't they plant some trees?!

    Great runs! I think I would drop dead in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow girl you are hardcore runner. Are you chasing the kenyans this week? Awesome photo and I would kill to run your pace!!

    Great work girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 11 days and 85 miles?!!?!? Wow. Especially with the heat & humidity - double wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you are cranking out the mileage! No wonder you're tired. And that heat is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are turning into me with all those miles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, 85 miles -- you are a hardcore runner Lindsay! That is a great pic of you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i got warm just reading this post. makes me think of when i ran in Miami (and not in a good way).

    nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo impressive! Your dedication and commitment are such an inspiration to me and I am in awe of your 85-mile streak! Way to go :)

    Oh, and who doesn't love getting hollered at?! That's always a highlight of my runs :p

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is what it was like here in the NE on Saturday morning - over 70 degrees and over 90% humidity. I think we had your humidity ahead of time. Although I was a wimp in comparison to you - 9.43 miles, not 14! and much slower than you too!

    Very nice of that biker to take care of you. Do you do the fuel belts? You must not look as cool as me with my hot pink camelbak then! (just kidding, I look like a huge dork.)


    All that humidity training will totally help you with running in NY in the fall, when you will NOT have to deal with that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a nice pic!

    Man, you are really clocking those miles! Good for you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought it was hot here today but that was practically arctic compared to what you ran in as nowhere near as humid. Kudos! And all those miles too!

    ReplyDelete