Tuesday, October 5, 2010

gettin' siggy with it

a few weeks ago, i received an email from cafepress wishing me a happy birthday (you just missed it, but checks are always accepted) and offering me a free sigg bottle for my birthday.



after hemming and hawing over the 473995 options,
i selected the "peace love run" sigg.
i've always wanted to diy a t-shirt or hoodie or something on cafepress, but i've yet to get around to working my creative juices. the good thing is there are tons of designs created by others, like the one i picked out for my sigg. it doesn't end with water bottles and running either - a wide spectrum of custom hoodies, 2011 yearly calendars and personalized gifts can be found at cafepress for any interest, brand or topic!


in other news, consider participating in the 2010 state of the blogosphere:
since 2004, technorati has been tracking the blogosphere through their state of the blogosphere study. the goal of the study is to create a complete snapshot of the activities and interactions that make up the blogosphere by asking you, the bloggers, to share some information about your habits. the survey includes questions like how, when and why you blog. is this a side business, full time job or something you do for fun?

please feel free to send this link to other bloggers you know, and be sure to check back on technorati.com in november for a summary of the results.

and just to prove iron mike wrong, here's another teaser to tide you over:

my bff/moh and i enjoying the july heat

20 comments:

  1. okay so you've gotten that will smith song stuck in my head. it's going to be there all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i need a new waterbottle. but the siggy's have just the open top, right? i like some sort of squirt bottle approach. or a narrowed opening. i'm too lazy to really look for one. but i sort of keep my eye out :)

    what is that state of the blogosphere!!! i feel like there is a huuuuuuuuuge growing interest in what people are doing online/ and the whole social networking phenomenon. the blog world has so many different corners, it would be hard to generalize. like what corner are we? fitness? that's prolly what i would go with. i feel like some of us are students and some of us work full time, some of us are unemployed, some of us are parents and some of us are single or in a relationship. that sort of covers everything. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put Siggs in both my kids' lunch boxes each day. Trying to stay away from the plastic leaching stuff.

    Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check out that cafepress thingy. I would have tons of fun with that one. hehehe. Ah, the blogosphere. O my, love your sigg bottle man. Is that you sticking out your tounge for what I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got a new water bottle too! But it's an industrial-looking klean kanteen. And not remotely sassy or interesting like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Sigg! I made a custom hoodie from there (and actually a custom Sigg). I like Cafepress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need to blog my sigg bottle! i love it :)

    um hurry up with the wedding post already! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I buy Christmas ornaments from Cafepress every year. Hmmm...how come they never offer me free stuff??

    I like your bottle! And happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that photo of you and your MOH.

    I love Cafe Press....I order stuff all the time. great stuff and love to have the option of doing my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must be way too lazy to go after free stuff...I'm obviously way too lazy to do a lot of things. Like track my food intake. ha. Love your sigg, and love that wedding pic :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forget about the bottle. I love those shoes next to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great bottle! i had coupon to use there once and there were too many decisions on design possibilities so i just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh you look so pretty! Tongue out and all. WE WANT MORE!!!

    Score on the water bottle. Check is in the mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Cafe Press! I want free stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok, the most meaningful and relevant comment ever (esp to a siggy post:)... buuuuuuut.. I LOVE YOU WEDDING DRESS!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have wicked running shoe envy...those Saucony's look sweet. So does the bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll let you be the first to know that we enjoyed a lovely Christmas here at the Iron Mike household, thank you.
    I decided to be all hyper hightech and put this statcounter thing on my blog. Day 1 (yesterday, probably), I'm like "um, why am I getting all of these referrals from Lindsay's site?"
    Now, nobody stuck around and actually read anything probably because I ain't Mike Tyson, but they should have at least thanked me for expediting that last pic (wonderful by the way, weddings should be fun fun, not just formal fun) by at least 2 months.

    ReplyDelete