Saturday, October 16, 2010

ghetto things

wow guys. thanks for making me feel 'normal'! it's so nice to know that we are all googlers and nosy neighbors, kind of... keep it non-psycho out there, k?

i tried craigslist because i am too lazy to hold a yard sale or ebay (pack and ship? you know how good i am at mailing things). i'm also very generous with my local goodwill, i just had a few still-in-style housey things that i figured would earn me some cash.

good luck to all the racers this weekend. here are some things for you to think about during your races/runs.

1. sign spotted by (someone on twitter i can't remember who, sorry!) here in good ol' south carolina. hungry?


2. sign my sister saw in her town.


3. made another craigslist sale to a lady named shaniqua (she spelled it slightly different). she was white. i'm not being racist, i just never knew white people were cool enough to have funky names. it also had me singing "shaniqua don't live here no' mo'". apparently that song never quite made it to music video status, so please enjoy youtube's suggested video:

18 comments:

  1. ok, that video made me laugh. Then I was thinking I probably have had half of those names in my school lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work in a high school. I've heard all those name, plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrrrrrl helllll nah!, I lived in Atlanta last year and worked in the schools, and kept the graduation bills from every graduation I went to just so I could enjoy the names.

    Loved the chiropractor picture. It "cracked" me up! and sent it "straight" to my aunt, who is a chiro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE funky names. sometimes when i go out i pretend i have a different name so it can be exciting hahha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the signs:) will bring me a chuckle tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good God! Hilarious. The local paper in my little hick town had an ad last week. It was sponsered by WIC (federal program for women and infant children). Anyway, all it said was BREASTFEEDING PICNIC IN THE PARK- Bring your family for food and fun! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am far too easily amused by billboard signs where people have rearranged or removed the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lame, I'm at the point in my life where I fix signs if people screwed with the letters.
    But believe me, it was painful to replace the letters in our tennis court, returning the sign to "No Net Jumping" after I laughed so hard it gave me a headache when I read, "No Pet Humping".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmm, I'm feeling like an Anus Wrap... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha!

    As far as a white Shinqua, I'd bet she's Mormon. A lot of Mormons - especially ones from Utah- have Black sounding names.* I once emailed someone named DaNae for work for awhile and just kind of assumed she was Black till I randomly googled her and discovered she was from Utah. Ha. Whoops.

    *I swear! http://wesclark.com/ubn/tribune.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHA- I had the McDonalds one on my FB page!

    I google everything dude- everything. So clearly, it is normal if I am doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband and I both laughed hysterically at that video, particularly at the end! Too funny! BTW, I just read your previous post and had to laugh about that one too. I google everything too, including myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anus, too funny. Had to laugh at Jenn's comment, too. I'm not IN with the names, they all sound fine to me. I think I'm out of the ghetto loop :( . Well, except for my z-snaps :) .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those signs are great.

    I've never google a buyer from craigslist but like the idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. They closed that section because the non paved area is polluted with asbestos and who knows what else and now they are going to dig up the ground and restore it before paving over it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bwahahaha! My daughter (asian/white) always used Shaniqua at Starbucks becuase they couldn't pronounce her regular name (Alyssa? Aleeessa?) right. So I guess white folks can have funky names...

    ReplyDelete