Monday, November 10, 2008

cruise control

much to my surprise i woke up this morning with hardly any aches, pains and soreness from yesterday's 20 mile run. my left "inner thigh" muscle is a little achey, but i really think that was more from squatting to scoop up leaves when i raked a little on friday. i had a little stiffness throughout the day at work when i stood up after sitting down for awhile but it wasn't bad at all.

i headed out after work for my easy 5 mile run, which also surprised me by being my easiest monday/recovery run yet. it never felt hard and my legs weren't screaming at me. it certainly wasn't fast but that definitely wasn't the goal either.

mile 1 - 9:08, 129
mile 2 - 9:45, 137
mile 3 - 9:19, 139
mile 4 - 9:34, 144
mile 5 - 8:40, 145
mile 5.2 - 1:26, 141

i thought i planned ahead by hitting up the bathroom before leaving work but apparently that wasn't good enough and i drank too much water this afternoon... i had to stop mid-run in my regular 'wooded' area. this was quite the feat today as it was pitch black dark by the time i got there (about 3.5 miles into the run) and of course the ground was covered with leaves so i couldn't even pretend to look for even-footing.

pm run: 5.2 miles, 47:55 (9:12 avg pace), avg/max hr (139/177)

0 comments:

Post a Comment