Wednesday, November 12, 2008

my fellow runners

i admit, i follow hundreds of random runners from all parts of the planet via google reader. while i would love to keep a complete list directly on the main page, i'm not so sure your internet provider would love trying to load my page for you (nor do i think you'd want to wait that long).

below is a complete list of the running-related blogs i follow (in alphabetical order). here you will find runners of all ages and abilities, from right in your neighborhood to hundreds of miles away. runners you can connect with through training stories, race reports, and life's great experiences whether running or not. these blogs have motivated, inspired, educated and entertained me, and i hope you too will enjoy 'getting to know' these fellow runners.

[i try to monitor this list adding new blogs as i discover them and deleting those that are no longer in service. please feel free to share additional links or let me know if any of these links are broken]

my virtual running partners:

other good runner reads:

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Thanks for the plug! :-)

    Runners are truly an awesome breed. Every runner I have crossed paths with in the blogosphere has been so supportive and their stories are always inspiring.

    I run for beer and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! i'm trying to think of a more organized way to 'sort' all these to be more helpful/informative since there are a ton. i want to help connect people; this will probably be forever a work in progress.

    and those are some great reasons - i can especially agree with you on chocolate. my achilles heel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored to be on your list! Thank you. Also, it is a great source of running blogs... There are loads I did not know yet.

    BTW, what is it with runners and chocolate? I have the same weakness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for putting me on your list! And for providing an extensive list for me to check out. Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including me! What an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are all welcome :) i have enjoyed following each of you for the past couple of months or so and sharing in the ups and downs of running and life. thanks for being so open and letting me, and other random strangers, into your running world!

    and for the record i do actually read all of the posts on my reader! i basically have to do it all day long whenever i get a few minutes but i get to them eventually! it hasn't been too tough yet since my only real responsibilities are work, feeding myself, and cleaning the house (...a rare occasion). so i have a good amount of time sprinkled throughout the day to read through them all. plus it's even easier since everyone writes so well and keeps it entertaining. you inspire me to not only run well, but also to improve on my own writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across this list -- thanks not only for the mention, but for the amazing and comprehensive list! I find reading about other runners' personal experiences so motivational, too, and this is a great starting point for checking out some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fantastic list. Thanks for making fellow bloggers so easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I hope to do better about keeping the posts coming in 2010. I might even try to make them worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the mention and for taking the time to put together this list! I'm always looking for new stories to read. It may take me a while, but I'm going to work my through your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete