Tuesday, August 31, 2010

august 2010

week in review (8/23 - 8/29)
total miles: 39.15 (40 planned)
time spent running: ~ 6 hrs 28 mins
avg hr: 165.20
avg pace: 9:42/mile
off days: 2

for the record, saturday's 17-miler put me at just shy of 40-miles and i didn't know it until later. i was not going to go out for a .85mile run on sunday just to round it up and i did not really need to push the mileage seeing as how i ran 29 miles last week and 15 miles the week before that. i'm already pushing the 10% rule.

i did, however, get out for a short bike ride on sunday with josh. i got a flat around mile 2.5 and my tire was finicky and didn't want to be repaired, but it cooperated eventually. i wore my recently-purchased pair of cycling shorts which just felt like a big cushion-y diaper. seriously that pad thingamajigger could not be any bigger.

sunday (8/29) bike ride: 10.70 miles, 44:45 (~14.2mph), avg hr 156, hot and sunny

overall, august was a slight improvement from july, but then again it didn't take much. i thought i'd done better with consistency but i guess i'll have to work a little harder in september.

august 2010
total mileage: 88.65
time spent running: 14:10:24
days off: 15 (a week less than july? guess that's semi-improvement)
abs/yoga: 10 ab workouts/1 yoga session
avg resting hr: dunno
avg max hr: 190.58
avg temp: 80.18*

august 2009
total mileage: 200.92 (aug '08 i ran ~145mi)
time spent running: 29:09:50
days off: 8
avg resting hr: 50.60
avg max hr: 176.57

oh how i've slipped and slided in a year...

29 comments:

  1. Psshh, what's done is done. Now you are onto better things and gobbling up ground down that comeback trail with every mile. Live it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you still ran more in one week than i did the entire month. hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, maybe you're pregnant...not feeling like running much...*smile*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't go run .85 mile just to get that number up to 40, either. You ran about 40 - and that's a great week of running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are building your numbers back up! See how easy it is to get back into the groove?? :)

    Diaper pants AND a flat?!? With that kind of week, you should be crowned a professional biker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, not "every" year can be our best year! If everything went perfectly all the time, we'd quit in a hurry.
    Ride that "cotton pony" they put in those biker shorts!!! Yeeeehawwwwww!
    Nice to hear you're riding some every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've selected you as a winner of the "Cherry on Top" award! Congrats :-), you can collect it here:

    http://www.forwardfootstrides.com/2010/08/product-review-pro-tec-athletics-foam.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are not down with diaper trt some triathlon shorts - smaller chamois pad....

    ReplyDelete
  9. If my expected mileage is 40 and I am only 0.85 miles to achieve it, I run the last day until I die, but I get it. I am so obsessed. Good week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surprisingly I don't run to round out a week's total but I do for the day as to when I consider the run done. You are moving up! Did you fix your flat yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup. Bike shorts padding is like a straight up pillow in your pants. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you compare 2010 and 2009. You're still getting in a lot of great miles. Now go run that .85. Just kidding. I like to round up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem to be building back up again and that's what counts! Your stats used to overwhelm me anyway. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm terrified to take time off for fear I won't get back in the groove... Over 80 miles is nothing to be ashamed of! Great job on getting it done :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. 40 miles a week is nothing to sneeze at! I also like all of your stats. Can you correlate your average heart rate with pace compared to last year? That could be very valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahh cycling shorts. i may or may not have been seen in a restaurant in them recently lol - who am i???

    great job on august and getting back into it. you have had an insane year with work and wedding and everything else... its good to ease back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Catching up on posts, you finished August in a flurry. Thanks for "letting" that little kid beat you in the 5K.
    Glad your body is cooperating as you continue to increase your mileage, because wow a 50K can take a few hours!
    Glad I ate lunch before the cookie and donut pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You keep such awesome records. Here's to a kick-ass fall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's the nature of our sport...life gets in the way sometimes. You'll be back to last year's numbers before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stop by my blog to see an award I gave you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing mileage! That's willpower to resist doing the .85 :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I miss weeks like that! I wish I had the time for it, but there is a season for everything, and this isn't my season for high miles. :)

    You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. check out my blog, you have received an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks good to me. 17-miler = awesome. Are you training for something?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha-Ha...nice to see you're still humble. Miss you in bloggerland! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your blog..Very interesting and I'm learning from it! thanks

    scarlet chaco sandals

    ReplyDelete